Socom 4

That's what I'm trying to confirm ! What is hardcore mode and err… softcore mode.
Are we still talking about SOCOM 4? :LOL:

According to the list, Classic mode is the hardcore mode (Classic mode consists of a collection of game rules for the hardcore fan, including no respawning, no health regeneration and no cover system.). I believe there still won't be lobbies, even in "Classic" mode.

Excellent character models and very nice lighting! It has a nice draw distance, too. I don't know about the texture damage, though. The animation looks to be about average or a touch above average. I can hardly wait for direct feeds to start coming in!

They made MAG. I am obliged to check it out. ^_^

Fortunately, KZ3 preorder comes with Socom 4 demo ?

EDIT:
Something like that...
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...early-access-to-the-socom-4-multiplayer-beta/

To get early access to the beta, look for the SOCOM 4 callout on the front of all eligible copies of Killzone 3 (including both the standalone and Helghast Editions). Inside the box you’ll find a PSN code that you’ll be able to redeem for your early access as soon as the beta goes live. To find out when the SOCOM 4 multiplayer beta begins, be sure to check back at SOCOM.com once you pick up your copy of Killzone 3, hitting shelves on February 22nd.

Pre-order your copy of Killzone 3 today at one of the following participating retailers to ensure you’ll get into the SOCOM 4 Beta

I haven't watched ! Want to find a calm time to go through the videos later. ^_^

I remember some third party gun attachments also use the extension port ?

5P co-op confirmed:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/02/24/declassified-socom-4’s-online-co-op/

SOCOM 4 also features a cooperative multiplayer mode where up to five people can play through a number of dynamic missions set up specifically for co-op play.

SOCOM 4′s cooperative mode features two main game types: “Takedown” and “Espionage.” Takedown charges your team with scouring an enemy-filled location in search of opposing VIPs that you must neutralize however you can. Espionage turns the focus to intelligence gathering, where you must use teamwork to track down enemy data and sabotage their local operations.

Should probably check out Socom 4 beta.

Yap, it's like R2 co-op in that the co-op missions are separate. Instead of 8P, it's 5P.

I remember the last PS3 Socom (My first Socom !) didn't have single player campaign. ^_^

R2 has an army of monsters to drive the 8P co-op. They are unleashed based on simple timing and location.

From the descriptions, it sounds like Zipper implemented scripted scenarios and AI (like in Uncharted 2 co-op but the AI soldiers are auto-gen based on difficulty level). Not sure if this part is in the beta though.

You should have the beta code if you pre-ordered KZ3.

Beta date TBD. It'll be open to EU PS+ members as well.:
http://www.socom.com/en-us/Blog/Post?id=399

Q: When does the SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs beta period begin?
A: We haven't announced the start date yet. Look for more information next week (week of February 28).

Q: Will there be other ways to access the SOCOM 4 beta outside of purchasing Killzone 3 in North America or being a member of PlayStation Plus in Europe?
A: Yes. You can expect to hear details at around the same time as we announce the dates.

Awesome :D... I'll be in then guaranteed ;-) PS+ as well as an official beta tester ;-)

I saw an interview vid for the coop on gametrailers last night, and i was a bit concerned as i'm so sure i saw a whole lot of assets recycled from MAG :cry:

I hope it was just my eyes playing tricks on me, but it sure did seem like that. Not kewl at all if true... i already bought MAG, i don't want to see it's environments again in a completely separate game.

Back