Snake Pass

xexuxjy

Regular
Supporter
Not sure if this classifies as a console game or a pc game or not a game at all yet, but one of the most charming games I saw at Eurogamer Rezzed recently was Snake Pass which from chatting to the developers is an idea that came about during an internal Sumo Digital game jam as a bit of a break from work on Crackdown 3 and other big titles. It started from someone playing with splines and kind of evolved from there. Appropriate game name for a studio based in Sheffield as well. Anyway it was completely absorbing and entertaining and I really hope they push ahead with turning it into a full game.

http://www.sumo-digital.com/snakepass/

Just wish they'd release the demo build they had at the show so I can play it some more :)

I saw this in the Switch News app and, it looks really, really good! :yes:

Out today (at least on Steam), I'm fairly tempted to try the Xbox Play Anywhere thing for once as it would be a good game for my son to play on the XBox and for me to have on PC, though not having it in my steam library will nag at me a bit.... :)

I hate Snek but it does look intriguing & dare I say fun. Probably the closest I would get to a Snek. LOL

Tommy McClain

Depending how you look at this, that's either a really strong showing from the Switch, or a very weak-sauce one from the PS4. Doesn't even hit 1080p? - Come on.

I haven't downloaded it yet, but I am hearing that its great on Switch. Sumo Digital has a very Nintendo vibe to them. The art style reminds me a lot of Yookalaley and old Rare games. Its a unique looking experience that I will most likely download in the next week or two. Its hard to pull myself away from Zelda right now.

Back