Smoking Marijuana Does Not Cause Cancer....

bloodbob

Trollipop
Veteran
http://bbsnews.net/article.php/20050710150925597
Smoking Marijuana Does Not Cause Cancer According to a Case-control Study
IACM via BBSNews - 2005-07-10 -- According to a case-control study by Dr. Donald Tashkin and his colleagues of the University of California in Los Angeles even heavy and longterm smoking of cannabis is not associated with lung cancer and other types of upper aerodigestive tract cancers. The results were presented on 26 June at the annual conference of the International Cannabinoid Research Society (ICRS).
Yay we can all smoke 40 joints a day and not get cancer from MJ oh wait only 3% smoked more then 60 joints a years hmm thats a fair bit less then 14,000 a year.

Okay so smoking MJ occasional for recreational purposes won't significantly increase the risk of cancer and its probably about as safe as smoking anything as far as cancer is concerend.

bloodbob said:
Yay we can all smoke 40 joints a day and not get cancer...

Thats excellent news, because you'll be needing your health for your long trip
ysub1.jpg

to keep up with your new friends
11.jpg

Actually, digitalwanderer, I was using battling blue meanines in pepperland as an snide allusion to marijuana induced psychosis rather than as a litteral reference, but, naturally, I defer to your omnipotent knowledge on the subject matter.... :rolleyes:

Fine if you're using a bong, but most mix Cannabis with Tobacco in joints which, of course, does cause cancer. The fact that you take the smoke down deep into your lungs and hold it there means you take in more of the carcinogens as well.

Not that it really applies to me. I've not smoked any dope for years - can't be bothered with it. Alcohol is my drug of choice. :)

Fine if you're using a bong, but most mix Cannabis with Tobacco in joints which, of course, does cause cancer. The fact that you take the smoke down deep into your lungs and hold it there means you take in more of the carcinogens as well.

eww. Who does this? That is a filthy way to the ruination of a tasty 'j'.

Citrous said:

eww. Who does this? That is a filthy way to the ruination of a tasty 'j'.
Seconded, I have NEVER heard of anyone doing this with the exception of my brother and me back when we were 16/17 (respectively) and we were using a tobacco pipe as an excuse to smoke pot at an orchestra function....but we only tried that once since it sucked so bad.

Tobacco ain't got nothing on maryjane for taste and flavor, nothing!

Citrous said:

eww. Who does this?

Most people in this country.

MuFu said:
Citrous said:

eww. Who does this?

Most people in this country.

And this country

I know it used to be popular to mix cannabis & coffee to smoke yourself to death as a form of suicide in the French Foreign Legion, but tobacco and pot just sounds sooo wrong to me. :?

digitalwanderer said:
I know it used to be popular to mix cannabis & coffee to smoke yourself to death as a form of suicide in the French Foreign Legion, but tobacco and pot just sounds sooo wrong to me. :?

Not really , there is atually a reason for it. The mix is much more comfortable to smoke.

tEd said:
digitalwanderer said:

Not really , there is atually a reason for it. The mix is much more comfortable to smoke.
That and the joint stays lit.

Or so I've heard.

`If a joint is rolled correctly it will stay lit regardless. Besides, all one needs to do is live near the Philadelphia region and learn that joints are not the preferred method of smoking marijuana. A blunt or cigar with the tabacco leaves gutted out is the preferred method.

Dugouts, all the way.

misp4_400.jpg

The most efficient, least conspicous, most portable, most economical, and they taste great too. 8)

(Although the pictured one is about 4" long, I prefer the 2-1/2")

tED if mixing tobacco with mj is smoother for you, you are either smoking cabbage, kif, or some absolutely shit bushies(weed grown outside not hydros.)
Ive only had tobacco with mj once and it was absolutely awful. About as bad as cabbage with is verging on desperation if you want to smoke that stuff over nice bud.
Get some skunkies(hydros) or nice bushies and its no where near as rough as tobacco. Esp if its a nice variety like bubblegum or you use an ice bong.
Also if your j's are burning unevenly that is a sign of poor rolling and/or using the wrong papers.
Spots can be a little harsh, but the most economical. Prefer Ice bongs(so smooth) and bucket bongs(can get water on lungs with blatant use) best, joints 3rd. 3 or 2 person bongs can be fun as well.

Proper cleaning and preperation is key also I think, too many people leave seed casings/little stems and other untasty bits that can really cause some harshness.

(Yeah, after a couple of decades I've kind of gotten it down to an art form. :oops: )

Back