Smoking Marijuana Does Not Cause Cancer....

digitalwanderer said:
I don't feel all that brain damaged nor sociopathic, and I don't think I'm a totally unproductive member of society.
Apprently, it made you into a comedian too ;)
Code:
digitalwanderer 

[b]Posts: 13,970[/b]

-FUDie

Your short-term memory can definitely get a bit screwed up, which pretty much every person I've smoked with has experienced. For me it's generally minor though, since it's usually just stuff like that I can sit here and read the B3D forums, and while reading I'll think 'oh yeah, I gotta check that site', then read two more lines on the forum and then I've forgotten what site I was gonna check. I remember that I was gonna go to another site, but have no idea which one. But it usually comes back to me after a while.

I have friends that are completely lost though, and constantly misplace wallets, glasses, shoes, and whatever else happens to be in their possession at the moment.

edit:

And this is (or well, was) my weapon of choice:

vattenpipa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
oi said:
Your short-term memory can definitely get a bit screwed up, which pretty much every person I've smoked with has experienced. For me it's generally minor though, since it's usually just stuff like that I can sit here and read the B3D forums, and while reading I'll think 'oh yeah, I gotta check that site', then read two more lines on the forum and then I've forgotten what site I was gonna check. I remember that I was gonna go to another site, but have no idea which one. But it usually comes back to me after a while.

I have friends that are completely lost though, and constantly misplace wallets, glasses, shoes, and whatever else happens to be in their possession at the moment.
I presume that's only when toking.

Nope, that's a couple years after I've had my last go at it. Of course, it's not like I can testify and say 100% sure that none of the extreme cases did anything else besides smoking weed and hash, since ecstasy and amphetamin is fairly easy to get a hold of around here.

edit: And a side note is that weed is generally rare here, and what you can get is usually pretty bad. Hash is far more common.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will admit that a few decades of rather heavy toking has indeed dulled my memory a bit, that's why I'm such a space case at times.

I used to have a near photographic memory for phone numbers/addresses, now it's all I can do to remember my own. I noticed it a lot recently because my kids memories are so damned sharp, they do not forget a damned thing...it's quite scary!

I like that part about it though, there is an awful lot I don't care to remember or think about...it lets me live in "the every present now" a lot better and if ya live the present right long enough I've found you start leading a pretty decent life. (At least that's what my Mommy tells me anytime the discussion comes up. :rolleyes: I changed a lot over the last decade or so, and not a lot of it for the worse. She still can't believe I'm not dead or in jail, let alone raising a happy/beautiful little family....I'm the only child of hers with children within a few thousand miles scores big points too. :) )

Back