Signatures

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't currently have a signature but my question is this : If I add a signature now, after having made a number of posts, would my signature be appended (and seen by all) to all posts I made prior to this? Thanks.

Nom De Guerre said:
I don't currently have a signature but my question is this : If I add a signature now, after having made a number of posts, would my signature be appended (and seen by all) to all posts I made prior to this? Thanks.

Geez, Rev, you modded here how long, and were even EIC for a bit, and you don't know that? :LOL:

Hi, Nom De Guerre. For your very first sig I think not, actually. Will only apply to posts made after you set one. Give it a go and see?

Prince and Sean Combs have had how many nicks? :LOL:

Personally, I don't mind at all if someone wants a new nick to start a new chapter in their lives for whatever reason --as long as they don't play games with it (using both accounts actively, using one account to support the other, acting outrageously in a new account to escape consequences to the main account, or actively trying to mislead who's behind the nick). This account hadn't been doing that in my estimation until this thread.

And maybe it's still not --I thot it unlikely that Rev wouldn't know the answer to the question he asked, but I could be wrong.

digitalwanderer said:
It can't be Rev Geo, why would Rev do something like that? :-|

Because he seemed to be convinced, back when he was "Rev", that people were overly-interpreting his remarks because they did come from him? And maybe he just got tired of that and figured if fewer people realized it was him it would be easier to have a conversation without "overtones". It's hopeless to think that *no one* would recognize him for any length of time tho. So it's a matter of degree.

And why do people change their hair style? Sometimes its just wanting a change for whatever reason.

Rys said:
Hi, Nom De Guerre. For your very first sig I think not, actually. Will only apply to posts made after you set one. Give it a go and see?
rofl. thanks i needed that today. :)

epic

Rys said:
A Dan Brown you won't be although it was amusing.

I asked because I don't know if this is machine-specific i.e. I might be able to see my signature appended to posts I made prior to my signature on my machine but I don't know if this is the case on another machine.

Thanks for the replies.

geo said:
Because he seemed to be convinced, back when he was "Rev", that people were overly-interpreting his remarks because they did come from him? And maybe he just got tired of that and figured if fewer people realized it was him it would be easier to have a conversation without "overtones". It's hopeless to think that *no one* would recognize him for any length of time tho. So it's a matter of degree.

And why do people change their hair style? Sometimes its just wanting a change for whatever reason.
I do not particularly like Reverend primarily due to the fact that he had publicly posted some private correspondences I wrote him (and for that, I have since never replied any of his emails..... although the truth was that I had never "laid down the rules" to him wrt what he can/cannot post when it comes to things I write him) but perversely enough I found that I am drawn to most things he posts because I never know if those things are originally his thoughts or from industry personnels. It's quite evident to me..... some of his posts cannot possibly come from him originally but from folks within the hardware and software industry that he surely stays in contact with. I don't know how to pass judgement on this. It's quite unique because this means these industry personnels either don't read this forum and therefore don't know what they told him have been posted by him here; or that they do read this forum, know he posts stuff they write him but let it go for whatever reason; or that they are using him as a source (or even a pawn) for feedback. Whatever it is, many of his posts have always been interesting, to me at least (for your info, I was most surprised by his posts in an old 24-vs-32bits of floating point precision thread here as well as the feedbacks to his posts). I think he played a considerable part in informing/influencing a lot of folks about the one thing I had continued to despise him for and that was anti-aliasing (during his 3dfx-fan days). Too much silicon has been afforded to anti-aliasing in graphics chips IMO :)

To no longer read whatever John Carmack writes him is a miss for this site as far as I'm concerned but I'll stop talking about him since some folks here already thinks I'm Reverend (and I have absolutely no idea why some of you think I'm him!). And even if some of you have the urge (I can understand this in certain respects but not in others when it looks like a number of you don't really like the man..... if you don't like him , isn't it easier to just ignore him?), I'd appreciate it if you don't address me as him in certain threads where such a corruption to such threads really shouldn't happen (like "The Baron" did in a thread in that forum and especially with his rolling-eyes emoticon..... it just kinda gives a jolt when reading that good-going-on-topic thread in that particular forum... after reading a bit more of this forum, apparently this is not the first time The Baron has done this... I don't like Reverend for the singular reason I stated above but I think The Baron's dislike of him probably goes further!!).

Last edited by a moderator:
Nom De Plume
A Moron Calms Thick Jam Here. Please Subjugate Overt Fort

Oooh! An anagram?

Let's see. . .

I'm mock major snatch healer. Boastful, vaguer jester poet.

Am I close? Hmm, maybe not. . .:LOL:

Anagrams? Here's one that is actually true :

"Exclusively large petty amateurism"

Want a clue? John Carmack.

PS. My signature is not an anagram. Every word in the sentence is a description of this forum according to me. I just arranged the words that way. Well, maybe that means it's an anagram :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nom De Guerre said:
I do not particularly like Reverend primarily due to the fact that he had publicly posted some private correspondences I wrote him (and for that, I have since never replied any of his emails..... although the truth was that I had never "laid down the rules" to him wrt what he can/cannot post when it comes to things I write him) but perversely enough I found that I am drawn to most things he posts because I never know if those things are originally his thoughts or from industry personnels. It's quite evident to me..... some of his posts cannot possibly come from him originally but from folks within the hardware and software industry that he surely stays in contact with. I don't know how to pass judgement on this. It's quite unique because this means these industry personnels either don't read this forum and therefore don't know what they told him have been posted by him here; or that they do read this forum, know he posts stuff they write him but let it go for whatever reason; or that they are using him as a source (or even a pawn) for feedback. Whatever it is, many of his posts have always been interesting, to me at least (for your info, I was most surprised by his posts in an old 24-vs-32bits of floating point precision thread here as well as the feedbacks to his posts). I think he played a considerable part in informing/influencing a lot of folks about the one thing I had continued to despise him for and that was anti-aliasing (during his 3dfx-fan days). Too much silicon has been afforded to anti-aliasing in graphics chips IMO

To no longer read whatever John Carmack writes him is a miss for this site as far as I'm concerned but I'll stop talking about him since some folks here already thinks I'm Reverend (and I have absolutely no idea why some of you think I'm him!). And even if some of you have the urge (I can understand this in certain respects but not in others when it looks like a number of you don't really like the man..... if you don't like him , isn't it easier to just ignore him?), I'd appreciate it if you don't address me as him in certain threads where such a corruption to such threads really shouldn't happen (like "The Baron" did in a thread in that forum and especially with his rolling-eyes emoticon..... it just kinda gives a jolt when reading that good-going-on-topic thread in that particular forum... after reading a bit more of this forum, apparently this is not the first time The Baron has done this... I don't like Reverend for the singular reason I stated above but I think The Baron's dislike of him probably goes further!!).
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

Damn it, I didn't think he'd go the psycho denial route again! :LOL:

digitalwanderer said:
Damn it, I didn't think he'd go the psycho denial route again!

Technically speaking, when you start speaking of yourself like it isn't you, I think that's schizo, not psycho. :LOL:

But only if you believe it yourself. Rev's just enjoying his joke, I think.

Nom De Guerre said:
It's quite evident to me..... some of his posts cannot possibly come from him originally but from folks within the hardware and software industry that he surely stays in contact with.

Geez, and here's me thinking that it was the SA account that was used for posting 'anonymous' info! :devilish:

Nom De Guerre said:
I do not particularly like Reverend primarily due to the fact that he had publicly posted some private correspondences I wrote him (and for that, I have since never replied any of his emails..... although the truth was that I had never "laid down the rules" to him wrt what he can/cannot post when it comes to things I write him) but perversely enough I found that I am drawn to most things he posts because I never know if those things are originally his thoughts or from industry personnels. It's quite evident to me..... some of his posts cannot possibly come from him originally but from folks within the hardware and software industry that he surely stays in contact with. I don't know how to pass judgement on this. It's quite unique because this means these industry personnels either don't read this forum and therefore don't know what they told him have been posted by him here; or that they do read this forum, know he posts stuff they write him but let it go for whatever reason; or that they are using him as a source (or even a pawn) for feedback. Whatever it is, many of his posts have always been interesting, to me at least (for your info, I was most surprised by his posts in an old 24-vs-32bits of floating point precision thread here as well as the feedbacks to his posts). I think he played a considerable part in informing/influencing a lot of folks about the one thing I had continued to despise him for and that was anti-aliasing (during his 3dfx-fan days). Too much silicon has been afforded to anti-aliasing in graphics chips IMO :)

If nothing else, you're clearly Ghost of D3D from your posting style and content...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back