Serial ATA hard drive questions.....

I don't know anymore. I thought that it is was because of uneven bearing wear. Maybe I confuse this with CD/DVD drives. :oops:

DaveBaumann said:
VIA K8T800 PRO (A64 939): Requires a driver floppy to recnognise (bugger!)

Arrgh! How annoying indeed, I was hoping that VIA would have arrived in the year of 2004 by now, but no. So, where did I put that old floppy again?

Damned weird, but I lost the ability to burn CD/DVDs after installing it. :?

This post fixed me up:

crickton said:
I just started getting this error (acouple of weeks ago) and I wasn't sure what was going on. I don't have Roxio installed and have been using Nero for forever. I wasn't sure why it started messing up. I googled a bit and came to first the Microsoft site (which didn't work/wasn't applicable to me) and then this thread (which was useless and didn't apply to me). I dinked around on my comp and eventually fixed my problem. the rest of you may wanna try this out. not sure why it fixed it, or if it'll fix yours, but here goes:

Right-Click on the drive w/ the problem
Properties
Recording Tab
and then check the "Enable CD Recording On This Drive" box.

and that fixed it.
i'm running XP home w/ SP1. try it out!
I checked the box and it fixed it right up. :)

LeStoffer said:
DaveBaumann said:
VIA K8T800 PRO (A64 939): Requires a driver floppy to recnognise (bugger!)

Arrgh! How annoying indeed, I was hoping that VIA would have arrived in the year of 2004 by now, but no. So, where did I put that old floppy again?
can the bios at least be set to use a USB flash drive as "a:\"??

Not that I'm aware of. It's a real floppy disk only. You'd have thought that it could handle CD at least, but no.

Broken Hope said:
You mean it didn't show up in my computer? That's because you have to partition it first, if you right click on my computer, click manage then goto disk management it would have let you partition the drive etc.
Oh...my....FREAKING....gods! :oops:

I am such a bloody moron, I have never ever noticed/explored/heard of/seen that option before and I just opened it up and it's like a bloody GUI of fdisk!

I also found 3.9 unallocated on one of my 80Gb drives and partitioned and formatted it, it's now my "Q:" drive. (My PC's drives look like a mini-bloody-network! :LOL: )

EDITED BITS: :LOL:

bubsexplorer.jpg

Back