Serenity (** warning: spoilers ahead! **)

I'll be at the first showing.......I can't wait! I've spent the last few days rewatching the DVD's. I feel sorry for those that never got to see the series as it was meant to be seen. And it will be great to see just what Josh has come up with without those butchers at Fox crawlling over his shoulders. The plot was - and is - groundbreaking. Imagine - Television that actually has charitors you care about, that are three dimentional. Imagine science fiction that doesn't have plastic faced aliens, where other humans are the true aliens. I could go on....but why? ;)

John Reynolds said:
I'm ever-so-tempted to take one of those away for his anti-Firefly sentiments. :devilish:

I mean, really! Bagging on NV or ATI is a yawner, but this is important stuff.

I've decided it is the callowness of youth and decided to let it go this time. . .

:p

John Reynolds said:
I'm ever-so-tempted to take one of those away for his anti-Firefly sentiments. :devilish:
Lemme know if you need some help, I'm borrowing the DVDs off my sister to watch and I owe Baron one anyways....
bleh2.gif

digitalwanderer said:
Lemme know if you need some help, I'm borrowing the DVDs off my sister to watch and I owe Baron one anyways....
bleh2.gif

Shouldn't we all chip in? After all, it's people like him that cancelled the thing in the first place after much schedule abuse. Surely this is exactly the sort of thing reputation was made for...? :LOL: It's either that or burn him at the stake for heresy.

Last edited by a moderator:
John Reynolds said:
LOL Lord, people, I was joking.

Hmm, the witch scene from MP Holy Grail, wasn't it? That whole guilt/innocence thing gets disinteresting if there's a party to be had. . . :LOL:

Actually I dont think its fair to compare the two (B5 to firefly) as the are two diffrent things that only shared the Si-fi scheme. I like/loved them both :)

I believe that Firefly would have given B5 a run for it's money....IF damned Fox had kept it on the air....But the good news is Serenity! And, if they do 80 mil there will be sequels....so call all your friends and get them to go.........

martrox said:
And, if they do 80 mil there will be sequels....so call all your friends and get them to go.........

Hmmm thats kind of step. The movie is listed at costing only 40 million to make...so I would have thought if they get that back plus some extra it would be worth it to them....

you know as much as us geeks like firefly i don't think the movie is going to do so good that it's going to spawn more sequels and a revival of the tv show. equilibrium was an amazing sci-fi movie with christian bale and tye diggs as the leads and it tanked...

jb said:
Hmmm thats kind of step. The movie is listed at costing only 40 million to make...so I would have thought if they get that back plus some extra it would be worth it to them....
I plan on watching it a few times, havent been to a theater in a long time (boycott not piracy).

Personally i think this movie will do 107.56 million (WW 184.21 million), with an opening BO of 24.32 million.

epic
ps if only they could have added Jessica Alba to the movie, it would have doubled all my estimates. lol.

Vazel: Equilibrium was a blatent ripoff of several other movies/books, as cool as it was.

It also didn't have a passionate, throbbing fanbase 3 years before its release.

equilibrium was no more a ripoff of other books/movies as firefly is(cowboy bebop, farscape, blade runner).

and lol, how big do you think the firefly fanbase is? well at least this movie is stirring up interest. i never cared for firefly before until i saw the trailer for this movie. i just started watching the series.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think north of $150m in NA, $30+ opening week (thru Sunday). There's a HUNGER out there for this movie. I've been going to s-f cons this summer folks, and I tell you true.

If it is as good as I hope it is, we'll probably go twice.

Back