September 11 memorial thread

Humus

Crazy coder
Veteran
At my place it's 00:07, September 11 as I write. It's now two years after the terrorist attacks.
My deepest sympathy to those who suffered and suffers.

ribbon.gif

I personally want to remember 5 of my co-workers who were unfontunate enough to be travelling on those aircraft.

You will not be forgotten.

My hopes and prayers go out to everyone living under the threat of terrorism.

Let us not forget that this happened. :( Forgetting would be another great trajedy for us all.

My hopes and prayers go out to who have suffered.

A damn emotional day, from start to finnish. I am so proud of my country, and all of the people in it.
At the end of it all, I'm left with such a happy feeling....

micron said:
A damn emotional day, from start to finnish. I am so proud of my country, and all of the people in it.
At the end of it all, I'm left with such a happy feeling....

honestly i had doubted the people of the US. The world has such a capacity for apathy. I can see now that my fears were indeed without merit. People do care. They remember.

I had some much anger. I blamed those on the planes for doing nothing, the Clinton admin for not following through with their plans on terminating arab terrorism and even myself for caring enough to take a stand. I was disgusted with the media for making us out to be what we are not and the general disarray of the arab world. I lacked sympathy for my own people. I felt so many of them would cease to care thanking only luck for their survival while being willing to simply forget and move on. That was not so. Even today people still care.

yeah,where in hell are the mighty U.S.A.F
on that fateful day,osama maybe all powerful
living in his cave but to make U.S.A.F
stand down.now that's presidential :rolleyes:

Actually the USAF was in full effect, if you lived in NY. There were F16s flying overhead all day, and I can assure you, they leave an impression in terms of sound decibels.

They were about 5 minutes out of catching the 2nd plane, they knew there were terrorists aboard but they had quite a catchup journey from the airforce base (I believe located in Rhode Island). No one really wants to know what their orders were, if indeed they had caught the plane before they were over civilian territory. Some questions are sensibly avoided in times of a national tragedy.

The still running conspiracy theory is that they actually shot down the plane that crashed in the boonies that was headed for washington.

Back