Senjo No Valkyria (Valkyrie of the Battlefield) : Best Cell shading ever?

Sweet! I'm really looking forward to this game. PS3 absolutely needs way more exclusive 3rd party stuff like this if it wants to properly compete with 360.

EDIT: Is it just me or does that city in the vid look a lot like the imperial capital in obliv?

is there some list of PS3 games that are in development and/or planned 4 release somewhere? The only game I can think of that is really going to interest me in the next year or so is ff13 (and possibly gt5), I'd like to see a list of all the ps3 games currently planned.

http://www.siliconera.com/2008/08/1...comes-out-in-november-with-voiceover-options/

Sega sent over a friendly reminder that Valkyria Chronicles has an official release date. We’ll get a chance to pick up in English on November 11. I spoke with Christopher Kaminski, Associate Producer of Valkyria Chronicles, to find out if the downloadble content recently released in Japan would find its way to North America. He replied with, “No comment yet.” Kaminski confirmed the content will not be on the retail disc though when he answered my follow up question with, “No, that content won’t be on the disc.” Valkyria Chronicles won’t have any localization differences either. “We translated it directly. We wanted to stay true to the original. As a matter of fact we keep the original Japanese in there.”

[size=-2]Yes ![/size]

cant wait, biggest games for me all coming out in Nov, R2, Gears 2, and Valkyria. I hope Sega can include trophies support in the Eng release.

Soon...

[gt]38737[/gt]

This game should be on PSP. It's turn-based like Metal Gear Ac!d, which lends it very well for short, disruptive plays.

Demo up on the EU store. For the US, Qore subscribers should get it later today (no word on general release). Haven't seen it on the JP or HK stores yet.

Demo up on the EU store. For the US, Qore subscribers should get it later today (no word on general release). Haven't seen it on the JP or HK stores yet.

The game's been out in JP for a while, I wonder if they'd release a demo such a long time after the full game came out.

The game's been out in JP for a while, I wonder if they'd release a demo such a long time after the full game came out.

Ahh, that would explain it. I forgot the game was already out. But I could see them releasing a demo at some point down the line to rejuvenate interest. Perhaps just before it goes to Greatest Hits there.

Tried the Qore demo. The picture is very pretty and refreshing, a stark contrast in mood from the grim BioShock.

Gameplay is as expected. The demo mission requires me to control up to 8 troopers and 1 tank. Goal is to overrun an enemy outpost. It's way too easy (Some will say boring or bland ;-) ). I don't remember the soldier type names but there are rifleman, machine gunist, lancer (bazooka), and sniper.

The sound is better than I expected. Nothing to complain but nothing to really rave about too. Most of the people here have already seen the presentation by now.

There should have been a PSP extension for this game (continue playing on PSP and then sync back).

I liked it a lot; it's a pretty cool way to do turn-based strategy. Yeah, the AI in the demo could be better. In the demo mission, the bad guys are okay up until you kill the first set, and after that they just stop acting and stand there, letting you wipe them out.

Yes, I like it a lot too (Going to buy it day 1). Sometimes I wish developers are more careful with demoes. They should explain the rationale behind their demoes (What do they want to show, what was cut down, etc.).

The same goes with Sony betas. I don't know what I am supposed to look out for because the content varies wildly. Some betas are feature complete/rich, some are barebones. If they communicate their intent to the users better, I think they will get more out of user feedback.

I really loved it too.

I already love tactics style games, so I already kind of expected to like it. But everything just worked out so well I was very impressed. The graphics are gorgeous and totally unique.

RPGLand rated Valkyria Chronicles 10/10: http://rpgland.com/games/reviews/valkyria-chronicles/

Valkyria Chronicles is an amazing experience. It’s rare, these days, that a game can make such a huge departure from its genre’s roots and yet keep the best things about it. It revolutionizes strategy RPGs in such a way that it can be appealing to fans of the subgenre, newcomers, and perhaps even sworn-off non-fans of it. The best thing that could happen now would be a sequel.

WatchImpress, and some Japanese gaming site has more info on DLC follow-up. GameStop is also offering a free artbook for preorders:
http://www.seganerds.com/2008/08/28/pre-order-valkyria-chronicles-and-get-a-free-art-book/

Crazy fall.

Back