Scrubs V Green Wing ?

Scrubs V Green Wing ?

• Total voters
Assuming we're talking about the British version of Green Wing and not an overseas re-make , then Green Wing all the way .

digitalwanderer said:
I've never heard of Green Wing either, but I got the soundtrack to "Scrubs" playing in both my vehicles right now. :oops:

You'd probably enjoy it - think along the lines of Coupling but set in a hospital with surreal flashes and darker more explicit themes and the sort of wacky fun that only young medical practitioners seem to be able to achieve. Throw in a bit of "the office" with the HR/personnel moments and you're almost there . :)

Mark

kipper67 said:
You'd probably enjoy it - think along the lines of Coupling but set in a hospital with surreal flashes and darker more explicit themes and the sort of wacky fun that only young medical practitioners seem to be able to achieve. Throw in a bit of "the office" with the HR/personnel moments and you're almost there . :)
Great, another english show people are getting me hooked on. :?

Is there a new season of "Strange" coming out or was it cancelled? I actually really picked up near the end and I loved the season ender with Tom Baker. :)

Bouncing Zabaglione Bros. said:
Green Wing is a UK comedy program set in a hospital. It's ruder and more surreal than Scrubs. I wouldn't really compare the two shows any more than I would compare an apple and an orange because "they are both round".

and Scrubs is a US comedy set in a hospital. Thus I compare :)

But I do know where your're comming from.

Ya dinna tell me that Green Wing starred Fran from Black Books and Susan from Coupling!!! :oops:

Damn it, now I'm having trouble finding it....they just finished their first season?

digitalwanderer said:
Damn it, now I'm having trouble finding it....they just finished their first season?

The first series finished several months ago. It was pretty good although somewhat peculiar until you get used to it.

I'd imagine you'll like it.

My favourite British comedy from recent years is "Peep Show" - a series which london-boy said disturbed him! Make of that what you will... :p

rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

OMFG, I'm in the middle of episode three and I am just dying of laughter....this series is GREAT!

I can't compare it to Scrubs yet though, I've seen 4 seasons of 26 episodes each of Scrubs and I'm only on the third of this one.

I was on the external set of Scrubs (not as an actor or anything) last year and got to see John C. McGinley do his thing. It was pretty cool because the hospital they use for outside shots of the hospital is a real hospital, but not used as a real hospital anymore. Intead they partially use it for casting calls in addition to use as a set. The hospital IIRC is on Riverside Dr. in Sherman Oaks.

Here's a little article describing it.

http://scrubs.mopnt.com/media/SCRUBS.php?story=2002-12-04_smartest_american_comedy

Slighty off topic, but just a few weeks ago, I was about 5 feet away from former ER actress, Julianna Margulies over at 20th Century FOX on Pico Blvd. She was going off about some incident on some set about some guy getting pushy over some autographs.

Back