SCEA mentions ?? they will discuss PS3 at GDC ?

Deciphering that quote is not that hard, people. It's in fine print. This was also stated a few weeks ago. I really can't comprehend as to why it has become this difficult for some of you to understand.

Just because the console will be unveil here does not mean much will be shown of it.Hell, maybe they'll just talk about it the way they did last E3. Expecting every piece of info about the next console to be unveiled and in playable/running form this coming E3 sounds kinda silly to me.

At GDC Sony could make an official annoucement that their next gen console will be called Playstation 3.

:p

Thanks to GamesIndustry.biz, this should officially put this discussion to rest.
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=7214

Sony is planning to show off the PlayStation 3 to its key worldwide executives at a major internal briefing next week, it has emerged, but the consumer unveiling of the next-gen platform is still not expected until E3 in May.

Information about the briefing has emerged privately from senior sources close to Sony at the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco, with several senior staffers from the firm's overseas offices making the trip to the event next week.

However, further chatter among some developers at the show which pointed towards a rather more public PS3 unveiling in Tokyo later this month has been officially denied, with a SCEE representative telling GamesIndustry.biz that "we've already said that the first showing of the next generation PlayStation will be at E3 this year."

Next week's briefing is believed to be strictly for internal staff at Sony, with even the company's closest development partners from overseas not on the guest list. "What I can say is that I'm not going to Japan this week," one very senior PlayStation development source told GI.biz off the record.

What exactly the Sony execs will get to see in Tokyo is hard to say. The final specification for the system is almost certainly complete, and if it is to be shown at E3, we'd expect that the physical design of the hardware has also been completed.

However, whether software demonstrations will be a part of the briefing is another question entirely - but it seems eminently possible, with several well-informed sources at GDC insistent that several of Sony's Japanese partners have had quite advanced PS3 development kits for "a couple of months", with the kits now making their way into selected developers in the west as well.

maybe that's the cloosed door unveiling i was told a while ago for the 18th march

Yeah...I heard a couple of weeks ago that the March public unveiling was in doubt and if there was a public unveiling, it would be with little 'juicy' info. And that there would be a private unveiling to show various configs of PS3 to select attendees...

So we're gonna see three new systems at E3. MS, Ninty and Sony all trying to attract the attention, make a big showing - MS trying to win over opinion to XB2, Sony trying to stall the buyers to wait for PS3, Ninty trying to convince everyone what their new thing is where future gaming is at...

That's going to be the Muvver of all shows! :oops:

So the PS3 design is done and they're ready to show it to the execs but Xenon design is still not nailed down?

Maybe Xenon will be the more advanced or at least finished after the PS3?

What are the chances that either design will be modified as a result of what's revealed by the competition at E3?

So is it PS3 in physical form, or specs or some artwork? ;) I suspect they may well announce some *initial* specs.

Back