samsung LE 27T51B

hey69

i have a monster
Veteran
my new lcd screen for gaming and video purposes!

just received it, ordered it for 760 euro delivered!

first impressions: just connected on my PC trough VGA. when set to the nativ resolution of 1360x768 the image is wonderfull!
movies, browsing the internet... very nice! i expected worse to be honest.

one note. when i wanted to setup the TV trough DVI i couldnt get the windows get hold of a nativ 1360x768 display . the nvidia driver always presumed i had a 1080i screen.(to flikkery and not suitable for pc use)
changing to 720P wasnt that nice, since the TV was rescaling from 1360x768..
VGA cable it is!

DNI should be set off for best quality (i think its only usefull to make analog video reception better.)

my dilemma. curently i only have a core pack... that means NO component cable :)
tomorow i'm going to shop for a vga cable. so i can use the free component slot on my TV
for a dvdplayer with component out (xbox360 is just too damn noisy to watch a movie in the bedroom when the kids asleep in the room next to us)
as a matter of fact, i had a vga cable a few days ago, before I had my tv, I wanted to connect my console on my 19'" TFT.... but i sold it for some good money...

looking forward for NEXTGEN $)

DNIe is terrible. *never* enable it. It makes SD analog broadcasts look terrible. It deactivates calibrations BTW.

does the component output support 1360x768 mode anyway?

lots of lcd tv's are that resolution now.. finding a native 720p screen is very difficult

hey69 said:
does the component output support 1360x768 mode anyway?

lots of lcd tv's are that resolution now.. finding a native 720p screen is very difficult

No it doesn't unfortunatly, you'll have to stick with VGA cable for your 360 to enable those resolutions.... Yeah finding a native 720p is rare nowadays, they were more common last year... I'm glad I've got mine though :p

DemoCoder said:
DNIe is terrible. *never* enable it. It makes SD analog broadcasts look terrible. It deactivates calibrations BTW.

Did you know that, at least in the European R-series and the new M-series (they have different names in the US, but they're the two last models, one with the slopey triangular shaped speakers at the bottom adn the other is the newer model with 8ms and 6.4Bn colours which are flat at the bottom), you CANNOT disable it? AT ALL. :???:

Usually it tends to make things look better, and the new M-series really does have amazing picture quality- considering the price - but i agree, DNIe is a bit crappy.

The T-series hey69 got is the "budget" version of the R-series so i wouldn't expect too much in terms of quality, unless you feed a HD image or high res PC feed to it. Any analog or interlaced signal will look very crappy compared to other more expensive sets...

For next gen gaming though, the T51 will be a fine companion, which shines when fed high quality images, but struggles a bit with crappier signals like TV broadcasts and such. It all depends what it will be used for...

Oh, you probably couldn't get PC resolution to work through DVI because the DVI plug on the Samsung will only accept "video resolutions" like 720p or 1080i. I'd stick with the VGA cable if i were you.

Just for curiosity, does your T51 have HDMI? Or is it DVI-HDCP? Cause if you got a DVI without HDCP, you're screwed, unless you intend to get a new set soon or don't care about HDDVD or Bluray movies on that particular TV.

correctly said. i would never buy a T series for the living room...
only HD content. xbox360 and dvdplayer trough component connection (and ps3 to follow :p)

Quality and overal price wise its still to early to replace my current set in the living room.

with that said, the M series are almost double the price of the T series .... 1400euro for a 26inch compared to 760 for the 27inch T

edit: is has DVI and I'v read somewhere it is hdcp enabled .. but i wouldnt know to be sure and dont mind if it doest have it...)
i have 2 composite
1 component
2 SCART ( I think the first one is RGB)
1 VGA
1 DVI
1 headphone socket :p
1 coax for cable TV

bought from www.pixmania.be

Last edited by a moderator:
hey69 said:
correctly said. i would never buy a T series for the living room...
only HD content. xbox360 and dvdplayer trough component connection (and ps3 to follow :p)

Quality and overal price wise its still to early to replace my current set in the living room.

with that said, the M series are almost double the price of the T series .... 1400euro for a 26inch compared to 760 for the 27inch T

edit: is has DVI and I'v read somewhere it is hdcp enabled .. but i wouldnt know to be sure and dont mind if it doest have it...)
i have 2 composite
1 component
2 SCART ( I think the first one is RGB)
1 VGA
1 DVI
1 headphone socket :p
1 coax for cable TV

bought from www.pixmania.be

I'M OFFICIALLY IN STAND-BY AS OF TODAY. I'll wait till we get all these cool offers next year :D

hey69 said:
Bravia sounds expensiv ;)

Sound?! ARE!!

But come next year, things will calm down, and considering the SkyHD box is expected to cost around 400 quid at launch, some kind of offers here and there won't hurt! :smile:

Anyone knows if there's a VGA cable for the X360 already? I already have my DVD player hooked up on the component input, and honestly, from what I've seen of the box's DVD player, I'd prefer not to use it. Which means that I'll need to use either a HDMI or a VGA connector on the TV, but AFAIK the available cable is component only...

Laa-Yosh said:
Anyone knows if there's a VGA cable for the X360 already? I already have my DVD player hooked up on the component input, and honestly, from what I've seen of the box's DVD player, I'd prefer not to use it. Which means that I'll need to use either a HDMI or a VGA connector on the TV, but AFAIK the available cable is component only...

VGA cable has been available since launch, but many people have complained they can't find it anywhere...

you surely can buy one. (if you find one).smart move , i'm going to do the same, not for the quality but for the noise coming out of the box

Back