Samsung 213T

Orbitech

Newcomer
I'm looking at a 21'' for a long time and since Dell2001FP is N/A in my country I would like to here some comments from owners or ppl that had actual experience with it.
Does it create ghosting and how's the brightness and the colors?
LCD's here cost more than what they do in U.S so if I'm to proceed with such a purchase I would like my money to worth the investment.
Thanks

*Also if you have anything better to recomend feel free

213T is great monitor. It uses (obviously) Samsung's PVA panel whose respose time is rated at 25ms. Not the best monitor for strict gamers. Depending on games, ghoting can be quite evident. But no where near terrible.

Colours, and brightness are excellent, IMO. Zero deadpixels on my unit. Very even brightness across the entire screen which is quite impressive for this size of screen. And it's 21.3" which is the biggest 1600x1200 panel. It really is BIG.

Everything is top notch exept for its response time. So, if you're a serious gamer, make sure to try games on it. FYI, 25ms on PVA panel is a different story from 25ms on S-IPS panel.

I've been using it for last 3~4 months with Sony GDM-FW900 24" widescreen CRT, but I'm considering on selling them. I'd like to replace them with 23"~24" 1920x1200 widescreen LCD. Apple's new Cinema Display, SONY's new SDM-234B, Samsung's 243T...quite a few choices. :)

Everything is top notch exept for its response time. So, if you're a serious gamer, make sure to try games on it. FYI, 25ms on PVA panel is a different story from 25ms on S-IPS panel.

Unfortunately I do care for games a lot.So this means that it's better or worse than ordinary 25ms?

I've been using it for last 3~4 months with Sony GDM-FW900 24" widescreen CRT, but I'm considering on selling them. I'd like to replace them with 23"~24" 1920x1200 widescreen LCD. Apple's new Cinema Display, SONY's new SDM-234B, Samsung's 243T...quite a few choices. :)

Yeah I've heard of Apple's Cinema display,but I also heard that it has some problems in DOS mode or something with the resolutions.(I can't recall exactly what the issue was plus the fact that it will be really expensive).BTW how's this one performing?

Samsung is planning to make 19 and 21 inch monitors on their new 7th generation lcd line wich will start production in the first half of 2005.
I think this will be a good improvement over their current 21.3 probably with around 8ms response time and a lower price, im hoping for all that anyways :D
I personaly dont want to spend more than 800$ on it.

Orbitech said:
Unfortunately I do care for games a lot.So this means that it's better or worse than ordinary 25ms?
I believe S-IPS is generally considered to be better than PVA when it comes to response time. BUT, you must not forget that there's no strict standard way of measuring response time of LCD. Thus, in many cases, different manufacturers can state different response times with the same panels.

My point is that you should not ignore 213T because its stated response time is 25ms. You should see it, and judge it with your own eyes. As I said earlier, minimal ghosting is evident on this monitor. But I find it suitable for gaming. I played Far Cry, DOOM3, Call of Duty....playing Counter Strike : Source these days. :D But other people may not find this monitor suitable for gaming.

Yeah I've heard of Apple's Cinema display,but I also heard that it has some problems in DOS mode or something with the resolutions.(I can't recall exactly what the issue was plus the fact that it will be really expensive).BTW how's this one performing?
It really depends on video cards. Some people have trouble with seeing pre-Windows (BIOS, DOS) screen with Apple.

Both Apple Cinema Display as well as SONY's new SDM-P234B uses 23" LG/Philips 16ms S-IPS panel. I've never seen the new SONY in action yet. It's scheduled to be available from this week in UK.

Back