Possible w/DP1.4?: 5160x2160 (Ultrawide), 10bit, HDR, 144hz

Bizarre behaviour the game lets me choose 3840x1200 but when I play there are massive black bars either side of the screen

@at Gamervivek I used to run at 5292x1050 (roughly 51:10) but that was across 3 monitors with eyefinity 2xdvi and 1 display port (with an active dp to dvi adapter because I didnt have a dp monitor and the card only had 2 dvi outputs) also I believe 1 monitor had to be connected via the displayport (not required by nvidia)

I used to run 3x HDMI( two via DP converters ) on Vega56 and that was fine. nvidia don't support mixing resolutions so eyefinity is the only option if you want hassle-free multi-monitor setup with an ultrawide in between.

gosh! The 53:9 image is really impressive. However, I only see it practical -productivity aside, which would be amazing with it- if you play at a distance of 2 meters (almost 7 feet) or more. 32:9 is being really good for me, 'cos I use a 50" TV and I play and work at a distance of 120cm (4 foot aprox), and the whole fov fits really well in my frontal/peripheral vision, everything is centered.

Btw, 32:9 in Rocket League works superb! It has been a triumph with my 6 y.o. and 4 y.o. nephews. They've put like 45 hours in the game over time (I don't play Rocket League) and they are loving the extra horizontal fov. They play better now. The pictures don't make the game justice, but I thought that 540 pixels vertical in split screen would be too low and it isn't. It plays like a charm.

ay4pARF.jpg

Vdh9eMF.jpg

That thing to the left of the table is my nephew's foot.

The side monitors are for peripheral vision and if you maintain the same distance as you would to a single monitor, take up almost the entirety of the view. It's quite immersive to the point that sometimes you get the actual feeling of turning when flying an aeroplane in a game like GTAV.

Bizarre behaviour the game lets me choose 3840x1200 but when I play there are massive black bars either side of the screen
Are you actually going into the gameplay? Or just at the menu?

Actual gameplay,
some games have black bars on the sides during video's and cutscenes but the actual game itself displays full screen Elden ring isnt one of them
EDIT :
My default settings
1695170256457.png
I though maybe its my settings so I ticked override the scaling mode and Elden Ring ran fullscreen for about 10 seconds then went back to having black bars.
Selecting fullscreen made the game run fullscreen , but when I pressed esc to view the menu then esc again to return to game it returned to black bars after about 10 seconds (hard lock at this point when I had override scaling ticked)
I didn't test the other 2 options

Last edited:
Actual gameplay,
some games have black bars on the sides during video's and cutscenes but the actual game itself displays full screen Elden ring isnt one of them
EDIT :
My default settings
View attachment 9617
I though maybe its my settings so I ticked override the scaling mode and Elden Ring ran fullscreen for about 10 seconds then went back to having black bars.
Selecting fullscreen made the game run fullscreen , but when I pressed esc to view the menu then esc again to return to game it returned to black bars after about 10 seconds (hard lock at this point when I had override scaling ticked)
I didn't test the other 2 options
Elden Ring doesn't support ultrawide. Have you tried with other games? If a game supports ultrawide it should display correctly on your screen.

My 4K TV, which I had totally abandoned before, is the display I always use now, 'cos of the native 32:9 support (it's 4K native, but it accepts 3840x1080 and 2560x1080, etc natively too, in game mode, so Windows 11 shows no issues with it).

After using 32:9 I am thinking about getting a monitor or TV in the future (4 or 5 years). I am not seeing any important disadvantage, just some important advantages.

Last edited:
Back