Rumor: Scalebound is probably back...and is exclusive on....

I can't read that article because of their aggressive anti-adblocker policy. Here's a report from "Nintendo insider" that I saw ZhugeEX linked on Twitter -- https://www.nintendo-insider.com/report-scalebound-resurrected-as-a-nintendo-switch-exclusive/ . Note the word salad with plenty of disclaimer verbiage.

I have confidence in my sources to report that it is my understanding that Scalebound has been resurrected as a project to be released as a Nintendo Switch exclusive. Given Microsoft’s previous involvement, it remains unclear to me whether development has been completely rebooted from scratch or, at the least, its ambition scaled back – seeing as it’s now destined for the nimble, but less powerful, portable home console.

Further to this, I believe that Scalebound is likely to be the “game that’s thought to be dead that Nintendo’s reviving” that Game Informer senior editor Imran Khan had hinted at on Kinda Funny Games last week. Although, there’s the chance that he could have heard about a different project that will be resuscitated.

As far as I am aware, the Scalebound trademark was renewed but soon had to be abandoned thanks to Microsoft being unable to state what they would use it for. Ultimately, that has left the door open for another publisher to step in and, as part of on-going discussions around the projects that PlatinumGames could work on for Nintendo Switch, it was something that Nintendo expressed interest in.

I wonder how much manpower (team size / hours) and funding went into the project before Microsoft cancelled it.

Anyhow, it might not be Scalebound...
On Twitter, former PlatinumGames’ former creative producer, who left the studio following the cancellation of Scalebound in 2017, has now said that he doubts that this rumor is true.

According to Kellams, IP ownership and hardware differences between the Xbox One and Nintendo Switch make it unlikely that Scalebound will appear on Nintendo’s Switch.
“Me too”, he replied when asked about the rumor. “That and hardware differences. At that point, it makes more sense to just make a brand new game. It’s not like Scalebound was a beloved IP. It never got a chance to be that.”

I wonder how much manpower (team size / hours) and funding went into the project before Microsoft cancelled it.

Anyhow, it might not be Scalebound...
it could well be, if they adapt the assets and the philosophy to focus on a mostly single player experience, contrary to MS idea, which was making the game multiplayer above all, one of the reasons that made the development a bit more difficullt

Maybe they did just as what was said by ex platinum on Twitter?

Scale bound assets, design, etc reworked / adapted to a new switch title.

nah, it's dead.
I read some commentary on GAF from teh ex-creative director on the project. I don't think it's coming back. He's sad that they were making a drunken meme out of it.

I get why he is emotional here about it; people lost their job over this.
so this rumour makes no sense? I am sure taht if the game came out for the Switch it would make on the PC too.. :/ The concept sounded okay and MS, jsut like Ryse, hasn't bought the ip

Back