RiME [PS4, XO, PC, NX]

Loooool I love RenegadeRocks' enthusiasm:D:LOL::D

This game is one of my most anticipated since its reveal last Gamescom. I just need a release date for this now.

Hurry up and tell us already Sony

Hell yeah, this Gamescom has thrown out all my kindof stuff, man ! I am getting too happy with each trailer I watch :p ! This is what I love about gaming, all kind of different atmospheric, mesmerising, enchanting places to go to, feelings to feel ! All varied, all unique, all touching a different stroke of my personality ! BloodBorne, RIME, WILD, Tomorrows Children, Alienation, MGS V, Destiny, No Mans Sky, The Order, Kojima and Del Toro's Silent Hill, Hellblade, Driveclub, Uncharted 4 : Its all how it should be :p , its the kindof magic which had stopped happening in gaming, the variety was all dead : its as if the Golden Age of gaming is about to begin :p !!!

Wow. How to get a sense of gameplay but the Ico vibe is overwhelming.

i just watched the trailer and its awesome.
it seems more and more game are using "flat/paper" looks. I was blown away on Tearaway, then in No Mans Sky, and now this!

confirmed as ps4 exclusive?

confirmed as ps4 exclusive?
Apparently, wikipedia's page on Rime includes some very interesting information:

Wikipedia said:
The game was offered to Microsoft as an exclusive Xbox Live Arcade (XBLA) title and possible Windows 8 game; initially Microsoft greenlit the game but the design was later rejected due to a mismatch with Microsoft's Xbox One XBLA publishing policies which emphasised mulitplayer and other social gaming. A development budget was approved by Sony, and the game became a PlayStation 4 exclusive

Rime is from Tequila Works (formed by ex-Blizzard, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe and Weta Digital employees) who previously published Deadlight on XBLA and Windows.

Could be a Microsoft 'D'Oh!' moment.

Could be a Microsoft 'D'Oh!' moment.

Well... maybe. Games change focus from pitch to pitch to final product. For example, Sony and many others passed on Remember Me, but the game that Capcom published in the end was by some reports, much different game than the one that Sony passed on.

ah MS, a missed oportunity... this game would be awesome for you platform. it feels different, looks nice.

Are you guys getting this? I've played it...

IMPRESSIONS
I played the game on my 4k TV (KS8000) on a PS4 Pro. There are 5 worlds and I'm almost done with the 3rd which has taken my roughly 4 hours.

- It's a gorgeous game, and yes the first 2 minutes of the game I couldn't stop thinking about the Ico comparisons, however it does enough to form it's own identity--and it's a good one.

- The score is really goddamn good. Like, really good.

- It has a dreamy, sort of no-combat, sit-on-your-couch-and-explore kind of experience. I just love it!

- Though there's a overarching design to it all, each world has it's own flow, narrative and special little something to them (not gonna spoil). :)

- It's mostly been puzzle-soft. As in, the environmental puzzles have never been too challenging where I need to walk away, but a few have stumped me for 5-10 minutes.

- On the Ps4 Pro it appears to run at about 30-40FPS in 4K. There is PS4 Pro support, and it bumps up the resolution and adds a more solid frame rate.

Videos!

One is glorious, raw 4K/60! Though the game doesn't run at 60fps, it does seem to rise above 30 at times, so that's the reason I captured at 60.

RiME - Intro (4K/60, No Commentary)

**PUZZLE SPOILERS BELOW, BUT IF YOU'RE CURIOUS HOW THE GAME WORKS**
RiMe - All World 1 Puzzle Solutions

RiMe - World 1 Puzzle 5 Solution

RiMe - World 1 Puzzle 4 Solution

RiMe - World 1 Puzzle 3 Solution

RiMe - World 1 Puzzle 2 Solution
https://youtu.be/qHYXdjyyTbI

As far as I know, The Witness.

Nah. Don't worry. I think similarities with The Witness pretty much begin and end with the somewhat comparable color palette. In terms of puzzles, Rime is much more akin to Ico and The Last Guardian. Not so much in terms of puzzle design (Team Ico games are basically all about pushing boxes and pulling levers), but in terms of difficulty. The Witness is absolutely brutal in its git-gud-or-git-fucked attitude. Rime is a lot more, shall we say, accomodating.

Nah. Don't worry. I think similarities with The Witness pretty much begin and end with the somewhat comparable color palette. In terms of puzzles, Rime is much more akin to Ico and The Last Guardian. Not so much in terms of puzzle design (Team Ico games are basically all about pushing boxes and pulling levers), but in terms of difficulty. The Witness is absolutely brutal in its git-gud-or-git-fucked attitude. Rime is a lot more, shall we say, accomodating.
That's not what I read... but then I read what you say, so... :D

By the way, do you like it?

Back