Revolution is officially called...*drumroll*

Squeak said:
You just can't have a product name that has even the slightest conoctations with excrement. It really should be common sense.

They have officially surpassed Electrolux (French Vacuum Cleaner company) that tried to market their vacuum in the US for the first time using the slogan "Nothing sucks like Electrolux."

Powderkeg said:
They have officially surpassed Electrolux (French Vacuum Cleaner company) that tried to market their vacuum in the US for the first time using the slogan "Nothing sucks like Electrolux."

Which is not true of course. "Wii" sucks more.

Wait, I just thought of something.

Wasn't the rumored real name of the system supposed to be "Nintendo Go"?

Would that mean there is the possibility that at one time the name "Nintendo Go Wii" was considered?

Powderkeg said:

Haha well that would have been a shock campaign about one of their products. Wii is the name of the product!! It's as if Electrolux named their vacuum cleaner "Sucker"...

Marketing people... sheesh.

There will be no appropriate way of talking about this thing.

"my roommate is playing with my wii."
"wanna come over and play with my wii?"
"my mom is playing with my wii."

It'll probably sell for $150 in a large brightly coloured box with "Wii" written on the side in big letters.

Or for an extra $50, in a small box discretely wrapped in brown paper.

I know people like to jump the gun with new things and usually that is a bad reaction, first impressions for the Wii's new controller was pretty bad. But people came around eventually, BUT this is truely horrible. "Revolution" would have been perfect IMO.

Won't stop me from buying it though. Only the price can do that.

I have a solution:

They can still keep the two "i"'s signifying the two remotes and people playing together etc.

Nintendo Niiw

Pronounced "new" - the new Nintendo system.

Try this... get up, move away from the computer and go and try to talk to someone seriously about Wii.

Now imagine what TV adverts/gaming programmes are going to be like. I bet they are absolutely pissing themselves with laughter at MS and Sony.

Titanio said:
Reminds me of those "Golden Sample" video cards that used to be sold (or still are..?). Although I don't think this is quite as bad as that..I could never ever see those cards without thinking of a urine sample.

One of the print adverts for "Golden Sample" line graphics cards had a photo of a smiling nurse holding a conical-flash full of golden liqid up towards the camera!

When you're charging for high end graphics cards I guess you can get away with an edgy publicity campaign. I don't think Nintendo are purposefully going for the same angle ...

scooby_dooby said:
When I hear "Wii" all I think is "why"?

That's definitely how one would naturally read it I think - thankfully Nintendo has clarified the proper pronunciation for us. :) And of course they're both equally bad to begin with in any event...

function said:
One of the print adverts for "Golden Sample" line graphics cards had a photo of a smiling nurse holding a conical-flash full of golden liqid up towards the camera!

I knew I didn't imagine that! :LOL: I didn't want to mention it, because I thought it was just my own crazy imagination.

xbdestroya said:
That's definitely how one would naturally read it I think - thankfully Nintendo has clarified the proper pronunciation for us. :) And of course they're both equally bad to begin with in any event...

lol...no i din't mean it like that...i meant why as in WHY did you pick such a stupid name??

nintendo poetry competition winner mr.pee wee herman's masterpeice " nintendo and you" :

"So that’s Wii. But now Nintendo needs you.

Because, it’s really not about you or me.

It’s about Wii.

And together, Wii will change everything."

rofl

Back