Revenge of the Sith... bringing your kids to see?

isnt this a bit violant for kids?

i'm going to the midnight session wednsday ! can't hardly wait mjum mjum :D

I heard it'd been rated R in the US due to the level of violence, so if that's true you can probably pretty much forget to bring your 8y/o, digi...

I can only hope the bloodiest scene is when jar-jar feckin binks finally meets that gruesome end he should've had a few minutes into episode 1. :D

Guden Oden said:
I can only hope the bloodiest scene is when jar-jar feckin binks finally meets that gruesome end he should've had a few minutes into episode 1. :D

Unfortunately I don't see that happening. Marketing madness, "kids should like it too" and such...

I know it's gonna be violent, my kid likes violent at times.

If it gets an "R" rating then I'll pre-screen it before I take him, but it's Star Wars so it's pretty much mandatory he'll have to watch it at some point. ;)

digitalwanderer said:
If it gets an "R" rating then I'll pre-screen it before I take him, but it's Star Wars so it's pretty much mandatory he'll have to watch it at some point. ;)
If its anything like Episode 2, then pre-screening will be once too many.

I had my hopes up, but non-entertainment-business reviewers have been giving it bad buzz.

RussSchultz said:
If its anything like Episode 2, then pre-screening will be once too many.

I had my hopes up, but non-entertainment-business reviewers have been giving it bad buzz.
Yeah, but my son is about 8 and I think all the Star Wars pre-hype is getting to him just now.

We'll see when the movie comes out.

It looks like it's PG13. This definetly looks like a movie to not take young kids to.

As far as I've seen the buzz by pretty much everyone who saw the limited pre-screenings has been extremely positive. Much more so than any of the other prequels.

A guy in my WOW guild got to see it during the pre-screenings and summed it up as redeeming the franchise. Granted he is a star wars fan, but he rated it the same as ESB as far as how good it is. Very dark, very violent, very sad.

I rather liked episode 2, I'd say it's the third best star wars, after episodes 5 and 4 in that order. If this one's better than E2, it might well be the second-best star wars ever, it's going to be MIGHTY tough beating E5... Pretty much impossible I'd say, coz that one rules so bad. :D

The story of Ep2 wasn't bad, but dear god it was a shite movie. The dialog made me want to poke my inner ear out.

I try and ignore the plot anymore, Lucas got too damned self-impressed and started believing his own hype somewhere along the line and it just shows in his work too much for me.

Give me some killer lightsaber battles and space combat and I'll be a happy guy. 8)

Spoilers warning!!!

In the Ep 3 novel, some of the dialogue is almost as atrocious (if it's accurate to the script). One scene has Padme begging Anakin to run away with her, sounding like a little teenage gir, after he's massacred the Jedi temple (younglings included). Hardly the words you'd expect to hear from a tough planetary ruler who's defied a galactic senate in the past. Obi-wan warns Mace and Yoda to not put Anakin into a position where he has to choose between two camps for his loyalty, yet they go right ahead and do it anyways. And Anakin comes off as a complete dolt, an easily manipulated pawn whose fall was as difficult to precipitate as handing candy to a child and telling them not to touch it. The characterizations are just fingers-on-chalkboard amateurish.

not for nothing but they are teenagers / young adults .

The book wasn't bad , by far the better of the 3 books . I think it will be good .

People seem to forget that the orignal movies were nothing more than b grade but they hit at the right time and were made relevent by pop culture

I hated Ep I and II. And completely erased Ep III from my "might have to see" list.
Then the Cartoon Network Clone Wars animated serie came...

The ROTS movie is now at the first place of my "MUST SEE" list.

Yes, the animated serie, especially the second part, is THAT good.

And about letting kids go see the movie. I would say, judging from what we know about how Anakin Skywalker becomes Darth Vader, NO.

jvd said:
not for nothing but they are teenagers / young adults .

No, they're not. Anakin is probably in his late 20s, a veteran of a 7 year war, and Padme in her early or mid 30s and an accomplished politician.

People seem to forget that the orignal movies were nothing more than b grade but they hit at the right time and were made relevent by pop culture

The original Star Wars for its time was breathtakingly beautiful in the quality of its effects, hardly a B grade production. And production values only increased with the sequels as Lucas became more focused on visuals over content. When Jedi came out it was one of the most expensive films ever products, again hardly B grade. Unless you're talking script quality. . . .

No, they're not. Anakin is probably in his late 20s, a veteran of a 7 year war, and Padme in her early or mid 30s and an accomplished politician.

He is a verteran of a 7 year war which he entered into at his young teens

Star wars eps 1 took place 32 years before a new hope . Eps 3 takes place 20 years .

So if anakin is 10 in eps 1 he will be only 22 in eps 3 .However i believe he is only 8 in eps 1 . So that would put him at 20-22 at the latest

IT would also put him at 40-42 for a new hope . Which is perfect fine for a father of a 20 year old child . I believe alimidala would be almost 50 though.

How beautiful it is to have grown up in the country without any form of censorship :D I watched the most horrible horror flicks when I was 7-8, all the violence and so on. Did it harm me in any way? No, it rather made me more sensible. So I'd take my kids in there for sure. That movie is, like, nothing in terms of violence etc.

Back