Resident Evil

Roger Cobb

Regular
I was thinking about playing RE4 again, as it is a very GOOD action game. But I absolutely do consider it to be the game that totally screwed up the survival horror genre. At least until around 2013, when it started to get better, before kind of slipping a bit again.

But yeah. RE4 to me doesn't even feel like a true RE game, being that it doesn't have zombies at all, and the enemies feel like they're purposefully fantasy-ish in tone. And a vendor trading with you just made me think that they made it like a shoot and loot reward game. Which I basically dispuise.

I much prefer games like RE2 and RE3. Now I know that RE3 featured a tool for creating different ammo rounds, but keep in mind that Nemesis was always tailing you. So that made sense. But RE4 is purely a run and gun fest, without the iconic atmosphere of the older titles. Like in the police station, the music was very memorable in both 2 and 3. But I do find the music in 4 is not very good. At least not in the village parts. It sounds too African.

So I replayed Resident Evil 4 today.

The PS2 version. And it's dog shite.

The controls are a chore to get to grips with. What hurts this game is not being able to move and shoot. Breaking crates doesn't feel right either, and those damn snakes are a nuisance. šŸ

Would you support a remake of RE: CV, if it wasn't presented as a million dog feces?

I have little faith that Capcom wouldn't mess it up, considering their lack of care and cut content with the other remakes, besides the first one on the GameCube.

The original RE4 should have been CV anyway. It's actually the fourth mainline game, not counting all the crap they released like Survivor and whatnot. Yet people overlook it.

CV has great camera perspectives. When Claire walks into the cabins, there's beds and zombies are crawling on the floor, and one is around the corner ready to grab you. But the camera makes it hard to see what you're doing. The palace section also has the right tone. The piano you can hear is haunting, indeed.

You just don't get the same feeling of tension with what occurs in future games like RE4, being over the shoulder and action oriented to the core. It wrecked the feeling of dread. All you mostly do is just shoot at things and then you eventually proceed, just to do more or less the same again. For hours and hours.

I don't know. I don't think Capcom of today even really has the knack for recreating CV. Sorry.

Sounds good.

I just really need an alternative to RE because RE is kind of shite now, and fanboys keep being cucks for Crapcom and Gimpy thinks I am racist for hating on their new Albert "Blade" Wesker. LOL!

I'm not sure what the deal is with the obsessive draw to the franchise. It is some seriously cheesy cliche and tropey B movie nonsense. :D Most of the games are an entertaining once play though. Well maybe like half of them are. And no I don't mean the first 3 are the true path to enlightenment.

Last edited:
Sounds good.

I just really need an alternative to RE because RE is kind of shite now, and fanboys keep being cucks for Crapcom and Gimpy thinks I am racist for hating on their new Albert "Blade" Wesker. LOL!
Yes do move beyond the Capcom weirdness.

Be sure to come back and tell us if you liked any of the games. :D

Last edited:
Didnā€™t realize they cast a black guy as Wesker. Calling him Blade is kinda racist though. Maybe Gimpy is right.

Ah, yes, the cultured "everything that remotely involves race is altomatically only explainable as racism" take. Yay for progress.

He was never black to begin with, though. But the actor (while fine in other films) is atrocious in the part anyway. In fact, I often say there's no point in them going back to Raccoon City, since they had it destroyed in 1999 in the original RE3.

This is a big problem with the series. Going back to a time period from decades ago. If it occurred with any other franchise, I'd think they were just money grabbing up the ass as well. But it's a big problem with RE nowadays, which is why I feel the need to remind people.

Watch this guy's video about it.

:D

OK. I won't talk about RE on here any more, if that's what you think of my valid comments. Nobody on these forums seems to be a HUGE fan of defending the series anyhow.

:p

Just keep them to the proper topic. Ie: don't turn every other topic into a RE discussion.

That's cool. I cannot be arsed ranting about it any more anyway. Everything I wanted to say has already been said. But I know how it is today. You're the bad guy when you let the world know how Capcom is totally atrocious at making good RE games nowadays. I meant on other forums. Some of the respondents in certain threads are clearly idiots.

Now, I didn't have an issue with the old Capcom. Although let's face facts. That was a long ass time ago, and things change.

However, if you haven't already done so, I recommend you watch that dude's video on YouTube. It's in my previous post. He says it all.

Ah, yes, the cultured "everything that remotely involves race is altomatically only explainable as racism" take. Yay for progress.

What other motivation is there for calling a random black guy ā€œBladeā€? What does Blade or Wesley Snipes have to do with Resident Evil? Surely thereā€™s some culture Iā€™m missing.

I'm sure its actually a nod to lead man Colonel John R. ("Rusty") Blade of the Sin game series.;)

You guys need to lay off the booger sugar, or whatever it is you're taken. LOL. ;)

The RE2 remake is hot garbage. Every zombie takes a ridiculous amount of handgun bullets to kill. Not to mention how dark and awkward everything looks in every goddamn area you access. And nope. Wesker isn't supposed to be black, and even my mum agreed. :p

Well, to be fair and unbiased, they are great if you don't think of one as a remake or the other as a sequel. Because 4 isn't really [much] of a sequel. It's a great action game, but not a good RE game for anybody who was ever invested in the story. And 2 has little music, which made it dull. Even with the OST add on, it doesn't suit the 2019 version, as the atmosphere is not the same...

But I do think making the zombies tougher was a good idea, as you really shouldn't treat zombies as low level enemies when in most zombie based media, you have to go for their brains to kill them. If Capcom had sense, they'd have made it that zombies needed well placed headshots to stop them.

Back