Resident Evil 6

mmm... if they're making it more mainstream, then I would hope for the shooter controls to evolve similarly. Even if the movement whilst aiming is buttslow, it's better than just being static and frustrating the hell out of me.

Co-op-wise, I hope they take a page out of how Gears 3 does it - drop in/out, public player search (not everyone I know is going to have the game).

Inventory needs a revamp over RE5. It just wasn't good or seamless enough. Is an inventory actually needed? I can't remember if there was any particularly good reason to have one. You know your character only carries so many weapons, healthkits, and ammo. You always swap out armour for the best... *shrug* Halo 2 and Gears 3 already kind of solved weapon swapping in real-time (aim at character, swap weapon you're holding).

I'll always welcome metagame alterations - infinite ammo, big head, modified weapon stats, blood characteristics, instagib, wacky costumes etc. It just adds to replayability.

Defense/horde would be nice too. I think RE5 already had something like that? I can't remember since I only played it for 5 minutes.

I wouldn't mind the occasional horror gameplay section; slower paced, less room for running, AI not just blindly running at you (dodging and disappearing then coming back). They could put more effort into shorter sequences rather than trying to make an entire game do it. *shrug* They've already got dynamic lighting, so I don't see why they couldn't try to trip you out with turning out the lights every now and then.

Looks interesting, I'm wondering if they're using MT Framework 2.0 for this game as it looks different. I also thought they'd wait until next generation to release this game.

An evolution I'm sure... the biggest changes after 2.0 was deferred lighting, and I think they were also investigating SSGI similar to CryEngine 3.0. And of course, there's the DX11 tessellation and compute shaders. I'd be curious to see if the content authoring is going to be geared much more towards tessellated characters and the environment for the PC iteration or if it's just going to be more "basic" ala Lost Planet 2. At any rate, this is the console thread.

edit: actually, Marvel Vs Capcom 3 was considered 2.1.

I didn't like the RE on GameCube. It restricted my movement too much (too slow !).

I skipped RE5 again because I don't generally like zombie shooting games. House of Dead is a rare exception. The Last of Us *may* be another one (Let's wait and see).

What do you do in RE6 ?

The only problem I see with RE5 and onward is Capcom riding the action formula a little too hard.

The improved shooter controls doesn't mean much, it's more of how Capcom makes the games interesting yet challenging going forward. Zombies is still a cool thing in games, and utilizing that concept properly will continue to make sure the RE games separates itself from the competition.

The scene with Chris Redfield sliding into cover but having the one of the zombies grab him out of it is what I want to see more of (Also Leon and the Train sequence). I want to see more creative uses of zombie-types and improved enemy A.I., because that will be a compelling selling-point for me.

I think he means on PC for which there is no gold edition AFAIK, so none of the SP DLC.

Ok. Thats it. I have no idea what they were thinking.

After the bullcrap I saw in this game I had to take this out of my chest:

An indestructible monster that is practically unbeatable and way too strong on one hand and defeated with bare fists on the other???

A mutant with a flesh chainsaw that actually works and sounds like a mechanical one?????

Oh and......

Decepticon human monster that can change shape and size by 1000000 and back????????

Who the hell green lighted this game? Its ridiculous even for a science fiction. It doesnt fit in RE

Back