Replaying the classics.

I've been playing Final Fight, Magic Sword, and After Burner on xbl. Classics! Ok they are remakes of classics...but still, classics nonetheless. Now they need to remake Space Harrier.

I've been playing Final Fight, Magic Sword, and After Burner on xbl. Classics! Ok they are remakes of classics...but still, classics nonetheless. Now they need to remake Space Harrier.

The first two are identical to the classics not remakes

Heavy Rain has mature theme (Hello, Paco and love scene)

LBP user created levels are great for kids.

I bought the Final Fight / Magic Sword combo on PSN recently. God, Final Fight hasn't aged well. I still like the visuals fine, but it's just so slow, clunky and cheap. I played that game for the first time on a ferry trip from Italy to Greece (family vacation). I could barely reach the controls back then but I was blown away. One childhood memory ruined I guess.
Played Castlevania - Belmont's Revenge and Zelda -Link's Awakening (Game Boy) afterwards. Still as good as I remembered them. That Castlevania game has some of the best 4 channel chip tunes ever.

lol, just for clarity, my daughter is 15!! She's the one that plays Heavy Rain :)

Back OT - I tried SotC on the PS3 - OMG it's fantastic, not only upscalled but also a much better frame-rate...I was really surprised the f/r was better I thought it might be artifically held back, so I'm chuffed as it makes the game play mucg better :)

Back