Repeat after me: The Sega SGX. ("The... wha...?&quot

cthellis42

Hoopy Frood
Legend
A lot of things are considered rare, but it's a relative term. Before the internet made it easy to research and import things it was common to find what's rare in one country is common in another. The internet is a great equalizer, making information freely available to everyone and, very often, making the rare things appear less rare.

Sometimes a rare game like the PC Engine's Circus Lido, which often sold for over $600, is suddenly found in abundance, brand new, on Amazon Japan's website for fifty bucks. Sometimes a rare console like the Taiwanese Super A'Can, completely unheard-of in most of the world, is dumped en masse via surplus parts dealers in America. Once in a while the internet will confirm an
item's rarity, as with the HiSaturn Navi.

And then there's this thing.

It's already been on TNL, that's why I said it was already covered.

The article gets me interested in one point though: why do consoles only have one disc tray (besides cost issues)?

Evil_Cloud said:
The article gets me interested in one point though: why do consoles only have one disc tray (besides cost issues)?

Only the cost issues prevail. That and the fact, that you don't need automatique switch of games, for CD player that's great, you don't have to be near the cd player to change a disc (that and the fact that CDs do not contains a lot of tracks (15 or somethings), and therefore when you prog a "playlist", you need more than one CD), with a console you're front of it...

But more of all... it's all about the dough. :D

Hey, I played an n64 like that in a hotel once.(how did they do the cart switching though?)

This saturn thing could hold 7 cds? Cool, if I owned one that'd be enough to play like every saturn game I'd be interested in....except panzer dragoon saga, stupid 4 cd thing, but maybe I could play through it without switching disks.

Back