Rented this flick...

pax

Newcomer
Called 'What the Bleep?'

www.whatthebleep.com

I thought was some kind of a cross tween Brief History of Time and Elegant Universe only somewhat more stylish and it seemed legit until the 'blond guru grandma' started to talk and I said WTF???

Then I looked up 'rathma' which seems to underlay the filmmakers motivations...

http://www.rickross.com/reference/ramtha/ramtha15.html

And LMAO :LOL:

What most viewers don't realize is that What the Bleep (which also screens as What the #$*! Do We Know?) is the work of a strange sect headquartered a couple of hours north of Portland in the prairie town of Yelm, Wash.

The sect is dedicated to Ramtha, a mighty warrior-spirit from Atlantis, who speaks in a hokey English accent through his channeler, a former cable-TV saleswoman named JZ Knight, who plays herself in What the Bleep.

On the surface, Ramtha's message sounds like a cross between New Age spirituality and Amway optimism. Everything happens for a reason. Take charge of your life. Don't be a victim.

But delve a little deeper, and you find some strange, even disturbing ideas. Ramtha says mirrors are portals to a parallel universe. Ramtha says children with Down syndrome have "chosen" their condition. Ramtha says you can read minds, alter your own DNA, reverse aging, teleport, travel through time, and prolong your life with Twinkies.

Seriously.

And

Menna says masters follow Ramtha's every pronouncement--no matter how bizarre. In the '80s, when his teachings were filled with tales of UFOs and alien abduction, Ramtha declared that copper could ward off extraterrestrial attacks. Masters lined their ceilings with copper strips and copper pennies. Ramtha warned of apocalyptic battles, or a catastrophic flood. Masters built underground shelters by the score. Ramtha said drinking seawater could boost psychic powers. Masters actually flew to the Dead Sea to scoop up buckets of brine.

In September, Ramtha revealed that Hostess Twinkies contain an ingredient that can prolong life. Masters cleared the nutritious treats from grocery-store shelves. "Ramtha made some kind of announcement, and now everybody's going nuts about Twinkies," says a manager at the Yelm QFC.

:LOL: :oops: someone better tell em that dead sea water can be deadly toxic before its too late.

pax said:
someone better tell em that dead sea water can be deadly toxic before its too late.
No, I don't think so...not in this case. This seems more like natures way of dealing with her mistakes. :?

Back