Remote Play and PS4 (and Sony crazy choices) *spawn

maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. they left PC and focus on Xperia :/

lucky it was android phone. someone on XDA will tear it up and make it compatible with generic devices :p

but my tablet is a windows tablet. argh....

maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. they left PC and focus on Xperia :/

lucky it was android phone. someone on XDA will tear it up and make it compatible with generic devices :p

but my tablet is a windows tablet. argh....

Your windows tablet will stream PC games from Steam. An Android tablet will (hopefully) stream games from a PS4.
Decisions, decisions...
Better get one of each :D

But I really, really hope someone makes the app available for all Android devices.
I also hope it doesn't require a Snapdragon 801. That would limit our choices a lot.

I hope that controller works as an Android controller too...

It's being taken care for.

From GSMArena:

In a feature borrowed from the PS Vita, PS4 integration will be even more robust in the latest Sony lineup. Dubbed PS4 Remote Play, all three of the new Z3 series devices will be capable of streaming games from a PS4 system on the same wireless network. Attaching a dualshock controller to a Z3, Z3 Compact, or Z3 Tablet Compact means you'll be able to play PS4 games in full while using one of those devices as a display. This is a feature that's expected to become fully available in November, with Sony also having plans to make it available on older Xperia devices as well.

This pretty much confirms there's no hardware-ish special decoding or authentication needed and in time any Android smartphone should get access to this app.

All Z3 products support Remote Play, including 8" Xperia Z3 Compact Tablet [its just 6.5mm thin!].

z3_tablet_compact_4_0_0.jpg

z3_tablet_compact_1_0.jpg

New Sony Xperia Z3/Z3 Compact phones support Remote Play with a DS4 attached:
http://www.dailytech.com/Sony+Launc...Will+Support+PS4+Remote+Play/article36499.htm

hZjaql3.jpg

I wonder if the video resolution will be the same as Vita's 540p.
These new devices support 802.11ac so they should be more comfortable receiving a much higher bitrate (assuming the PS4 is connected through the gigabit port to a 802.11ac router).

I also wonder how long it'll take for someone to hack the android app and allow Remote Play to be used with pretty much any android smartphone.

Well as Playstation TV can remote play at 720p, proving the PS4 can output 720p stream during remote play, I assume 720p (minimum) will be provided for the Z3 family.

Well as Playstation TV can remote play at 720p, proving the PS4 can output 720p stream during remote play, I assume 720p (minimum) will be provided for the Z3 family.

Good call.
We should expect 720p streaming at least, then.

Back