Remote game services (OnLive, Gaikai, etc.)

After an initially rocky start where Arkham City froze solid after I'd hit about 3 guys, I'm very impressed with the UK PS Now beta. I've been playing Arkham City this morning and simply forgot this was streaming - I can't pay it any higher compliment than that. Also impressive is the way the technology takes a back seat once you start a game, i.e. the PS3 game appears among the PS4's list of games like any other game and you can start it like any PS4 or PSN game without having to start the PS Now beta app.

Of course the really nice thing is there are a bunch of games I've not played (including Arkham City) all of which seem to be free. :yes: I'll probably play The Wolf Among Us which is in there and which I've not bought or played yet.

Are you able to monitor via your router how much data you're using an hour for game streaming?

Are you able to monitor via your router how much data you're using an hour for game streaming?
No, I have a basic LinkSys DSL modem - WAG320N if anybody knows it's got some hidden function to measure usage. And no, I do not want to install non-Cisco firmware :nope:

No, I have a basic LinkSys DSL modem - WAG320N if anybody knows it's got some hidden function to measure usage. And no, I do not want to install non-Cisco firmware :nope:

I don't suppose the ISP provides for bandwidth usage on hourly refinements or live totals you could use? Or does the PS4 console have a running total or hourly breakdown of the current day?

I don't suppose the ISP provides for bandwidth usage on hourly refinements or live totals you could use? Or does the PS4 console have a running total or hourly breakdown of the current day?
Nada on both. You can get usage on tarriffed internet accounts but not unlimited. There's zip in the PS4's settings.

This is probably functionality that would be more useful in places with firm d/l caps. We have them in the UK but they're uncommon.

Dsoup I'm in the PS Now beta too, and I firmly agree. I played GOW:Ascension via PS Now and it felt like an identical experience to me playing it on my PS3 (tested them both). Really transparent. Plus, my connection is not great, max 14 Mb/s d/l (but generally more like 5 Mb/s).

If they can get some great PS2 classics up on the service, then I'd definintely sign up for the paid service when it eventually launches.

Having to manually switch between 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz on my LinkSys has finally flipped me out so I've ordered an ASUS router which among other things has bandwidth monitoring so once E3 is over I'll give this a go.

Back