remakes: what would you like to see remade on the wii?

darkblu

Veteran
this is a totally 'what if'/whishful thinking thread. it is inspired by the following: last night while i was playing yet again through the original MP, half-subconscioulsy half-purposefully i was making a parallel with what we saw recently from the latest and supposedly final installment of the series - corruption. and one thing gradually but firmly was surfacing into my mind: retro got really unleashed in the final episode. starting from the CGI-quality implemention of the protagonist (model, animations articulation), going through the atmosphere of enemy on-slaught in that level we saw footage from - all those things that in the previous two episodes the player had to partially employ his imagination to experience, or for which retro somewahat relied on the awesome musical score for the fullest effect, in corruption is plain out served to the player in its fulles visual extent; at the first appearance of the elite pirate in corruption you cannot help but exclaim 'oh, shit!'. in contrast, the feeling that big-daddy metroid prime brought up in me when i first i saw it was 'erm, that must be bad'. the conclusion is clear: with all the series experience behind their backs, retro really needed that little (whateve it is) that the new improved hw provided them to really say what they meant with the final episode. that should be even clearer for those of you who have seen the metroids' supplementory artwork galleries - one can really see where retro fell technically short of their original visions.

so ok, corruption is retro's ultimate metroid prime, but hey, the first two had their great stories and epic moments too, they have grown on me, and it would be really unfair to leave retro's great vision of the saga not fully expressed, and me - deprived of the powerful visual immersion akin to the last one.

so the desire crystalized there: i want to see the oringial two metroids remade on the wii, in a presentation worthy of the titles' grandeour and closer to retro's original visions, and i want that badly!

so, in line with this, what are your cube's (or maybe even older nintendo's) games you feel similarly about?

Last edited by a moderator:
Remade or sequel don't matter to me, but I want a new Rock'n'Roll Racing... It ruled on the SNES, it could be awesome in 3D graphics. Still using isometric perspective of course!

I think Grand Thef Auto could be mapped out to the Wii controlers very well.

The thing is, there is probably no chance Nintendo will welcome it to their platform. They practically have bragging rights now now to the soccer-mom buyers that they are the only platform that is GTA free.

I think Grand Thef Auto could be mapped out to the Wii controlers very well.

The thing is, there is probably no chance Nintendo will welcome it to their platform. They practically have bragging rights now now to the soccer-mom buyers that they are the only platform that is GTA free.

Actually, Fils-Aime said exactly the opposite in his last interview.

so, in line of this, what are your cube's (or maybe even older nintendo's) games you feel similarly about?

Super Punch Out. Hands down. Well, actually WiiBoxing is already kind of a remake. But I want more gesture control. A variety of moves: Hooks, Uppercuts, Jabs, Liver hooks, etc. Moreover, they should include training: Coordination training, sit-ups, etc. By training you gain level-ups and you can slowly improve your fighter. Faster and harder punches, more stamina, etc.

Actually, Fils-Aime said exactly the opposite in his last interview.

He says it won't map to the controler?
Or he said Nintendo does want it on their platform?

For control wise I can't see why there would be problem. The on foot/shooting/hitting stuff part of the game has already been tried and proven with the Zelda game. And the driving/flying part has already been done on other wii titles.

I'm not talking about bringing a next gen GTA game to the Wii. Just remaking one of the existing ones.

Back