ReCore [XO, XPA] (from Keiji Inafune and creators of Metroid Prime)

Cyan

orange
Legend
Supporter
I haven't seen a thread about this game in the forum, and was one of my preferred games of the E3 2015 Xbox conference, if not my favourite. So I decided to create a thread on it. Inafune = genius.

0438000008074470-photo-recore-xbox-one.jpg

recore-xbox-one-GGK-614x341.jpg

recore.png

ReCore-announce-349x240.jpg

ReCore-Microsoft-E3-2015-Stream-03-630x354.jpg

ReCore.jpg

ReCore-Xbox-One.jpg

Recore-Xbox-One.png

Please, some mod move this to the Console Games forums... I placed it here by mistake

the game looks interesting , i'm afraid it will break down into a puzzle game where your always thinking where do I put this c ore

the game looks interesting , i'm afraid it will break down into a puzzle game where your always thinking where do I put this c ore
From the trailer I think the cores are there to...maybe, not sure, increase either the size of your companion or its capabilities. But again, I am not really sure just conjecturing now.

This is an XBOX exclusive right? Did they show anything real time from the game?
It's a exclusive, yes. They didn't, it was just the video of the E3 trailer, but Xbox daily is going to share more in the upcoming days

Had a slight Laputa vibe with the second robot.

Hopefully not a tedious game of switching balls.

There was an interview with the creator on Xbox E3 review Day 2, where he talked about cores being relatively scarce and you having to make decisions about which robotic friends you want to "save" by putting the cores in them (or possibly using them yourself and killing your friend forever), but it was also hinted at that you can have multiple robot buddies with you at once - provided you have enough cores for all of them.

It looks like a 3rd person shooter or maybe Tomb Raider would be more appropriate?

Any idea of what the gameplay is like?
Some...

There is extra information now. Some doubts have been dispelled about the style of play. ReCore is not an RPG, but a more action oriented game (third-person adventure). It will have a very big world, but this doesn't mean that the game is based on an open-world structure. One of the main objectives of the game is having a changing world over time, as seen in the video presentation when they showed the sandstorm. This will cause that certain areas will get uncovered and others will get buried, so you have to be very attentive to said variations, since the exploration will be one of the elements that you are going to put into practice in the adventure.

There are also new details about the plot. Joule will be the main character. It will be the last human survivor in the world, and will be accompanied constantly by Mack, a robot dog that looks adorable.

The exploration and survival will be present in a storyline full of questions about the future of humanity, but so far have kept the details of this situation.

The cores will also have a key role. All gameplay mechanics and the story's setting will revolve around this technology. Armature say it is a game based on robotic life forms, and that the cores won't be just batteries that walk beside us, instead each metallic character will have their own soul and personality.

br_jvsf.jpg

Genious stuff.

Maybe not at the level of calling out specific gameplay features that would have gone into Legends 3. To be completely honest, if I had the chance, I would still say, “Yes, I want to still make that game.” In that regard, there’s something probably emotional or spiritual that I feel like on a very high level that I don’t completely lose everything, all my ideas, that I had at that time. They may have been transferred or carried over or been reflected in some way, shape, or form in ReCore. That’s something that is part of me, so it’s going into ReCore.

I guess it is interesting and a bonus to those fans of Mega Man that this game has some sort of 'spiritual' connection to it. But to me, as somebody who never played Mega Man and doesn't know anything about Mega Man and doesn't care to learn about Mega Man, it's important that the ideas are captivating enough on their own to draw my interest.

So far, I'm interested.

Back