Ratchet and Clank [PS4]

Alright, bought and downloading! Game unlocks tomorrow midnight for me :D

First time playing an R&C game (i mean i played some demos but no game fully).

Kinda wished I went for a physical copy as well, but since R&C is actually one of the few games where the digital discount is rather substantial, I went with the download for a change.

Kinda wished I went for a physical copy as well, but since R&C is actually one of the few games where the digital discount is rather substantial, I went with the download for a change.
I went digital too. R&C is one of those games I'll play and play and replay a lot. I've played all of the games (except Nexus) many, many times.

Sold out at one of the game store in my country too.

I was gonna buy it and then.. Nope. Gonna wait for discount :D

And of course the game looks beautiful, very detailed environments as well!
ratchet_clank_2016042ins3n.jpg

ratchet_clank_2016042d9srn.jpg

ratchet_clank_2016042ncs9s.jpg

ratchet_clank_2016042ovspf.jpg

ratchet_clank_2016042zvsgl.jpg

With only issues being some aliasing due to Insomniac only using post AA and low AF in some surfaces (4x perhaps?).

The game keeps getting more fun as u get more weapons further into the game. Initially , one can feel that levels are small, since they are from the ps2 game, but later every nitpick vanishes. and the smaller levels make sure the action never has a dull moment.
In new game + now, the screen gets just full of explosions and bolts all around, especially with weapons maxed there are so many effects on screen that its a light and sound show gone trippy :p !

Having a great time with it. Wonderful game for the most part. I certainly wished the levels were bigger though, and I'm hoping the lava planet where you collect the jetpack is a sign of what's to come later in that regard. Also a shame that Insomniac didn't bother to upgrade the mechanics of the utterly awful hoverboard races.

I'm playing on hard, so maybe that also has something to do with it, but in order to beat the gold cup race, I basically crawled my way through the first 2 laps while making sure to crash into as many of the explosive crates as possible (whilst avoiding the regular ones). This way I could blast through the final lap without too many obstacles left. Don't worry, the A.I. (if you wanna call it A.I.) will patiently wait for you. Dozens of times I've come in second with a complete time of less than 1:40. I finally won the race with a time of around 3 minutes. Really fantastic design there.

On hard the race is really balls-hard. The only other really troublesome spot other than that has been the section where you had to escape from the sewer. Took me at least 20 attempts. Thank god the loading times in the game are really quite short.

Back