RAM

mkillio

Regular
I have a 512mb stick of DDR400. It says that it's infineon. Does infineon even sell RAM? I thought they were just a supplier. I want to get another stick of 512 and from what I understand you should get the exact same kind. Also, does it matter if one stick has CL2 and the other CL3? And should I put the second stick in the 2nd or third memory bank? I'm not sure what to do.

mkillio said:
I have a 512mb stick of DDR400. It says that it's infineon. Does infineon even sell RAM? I thought they were just a supplier. I want to get another stick of 512 and from what I understand you should get the exact same kind. Also, does it matter if one stick has CL2 and the other CL3? And should I put the second stick in the 2nd or third memory bank? I'm not sure what to do.

If you're going to be using Dual Channel memory, you MUST get two sticks with the same latencies, or set the latencies yourself via BIOS to the most relaxed of the two sticks. My suggestion, this memory is incredible. I have a stick, and I can get it to run at 490MHz at 2.5-4-4-7 settings and 2.9v. Quite a deal, when you consider that it easily outperforms my OCZ memory, which I payed quite a bit more for.

Back