Rage 2 [PC]

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Silent_Buddha, May 15, 2018.

1. Sxotty

Veteran

I liked rage 1 a lot actually. I loved the engine though unlike many as well. I preformed great on my system. I hope this iteration does a bit better financially. A bit surprised they actually even did it. Does farming it out to someone else reduce zenimax risk if it is another failure?

Silent_Buddha likes this.
  2. Silent_Buddha

Legend

I think it's more that iD are already tied up in ongoing projects so this was a way to get Rage 2 developed without greatly increasing the number of employees at iD (not to mention the time required to hire all the talent, etc.).

Regards,
    SB

Sxotty likes this.
  3. Sxotty

Veteran

That makes sense, but do you know anything about the money side? For example the latest reboot of wolf did quite well. Dishonored seemed to do well. How do they divide the spills so to speak. I know nothing about this side of things, but it seems intriguing to me.

4. swaaye

swaaye Entirely Suboptimal
    Legend

I'm surprised Rage 2 is even a thing really. I got the impression that Bethesda wasn't exactly impressed with the half baked original game's results. Maybe they feel they just can't get enough post apocalyptic IPs going.

5. AlBran

AlBran Just Monika
    Moderator Legend

If Crysis, Bulletstorm, Mad Max, Doom, and Renegade Ops had a groupie.... (there're even bits that remind me of Halo 5 ala ground pound.)

I almost don't care that it seems to be thematically entirely different from the first game.

Will wait to see how it turns out anyway. Not entirely enthused about setting up a Bethesda account, but I will have to eventually for Doom and Wolfenstein.

Lightman likes this.