R420 passed over for ATI's new boards, R480 to ship instead?

Stop the madness!

Someone better announce something concrete soon - this rumor whoring, mongering, speculating, and regurgitating is "getting stupid" as DaveB put it. (more like stoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooopid :) )

Re: R420 passed over for ATI's new boards, R480 to ship inst

Rys said:
Anand states the R480 is nothing more than a speed bumped R420, so does anyone want to guess what clock it's launching at now, assuming my birdy is telling the truth?

Quickly, which is greater: the amount of concrete, non-contradictory information Anand has published about R4x0, or the number of angels that will fit on a pinhead?....:)

;)

Breaking news: R480 has been canned and ATI will release the R501. Expect piggyback advertising with Levi's for this one!

That is all I can say at this time. :LOL:

Re: ;)

Tahir said:
Breaking news: R480 has been canned and ATI will release the R501. Expect piggyback advertising with Levi's for this one!

You know, the next time that little bird lights down on the front lawn and starts singing, I'm going to sic "Junior" on him (Junior is one of our cats, the wife's favorite, a very large Maine Coon...)

...because the birdy told me that the R501-ab wasn't going to be released in a Levis' promotional after all--but in a surprise introduction of a new brand of underwear custom-designed by S. Hussein "In captivity in Iraq," to be labeled "Holy Rollers." (Although there seems to be some disagreement on whether to spell it "Holy" or "Hole-ly" as in "Get the lead out, ASAP!")

....boo...hisss...I know, I know, Heh....:D

WaltC said:
Tahir said:

You know, the next time that little bird lights down on the front lawn and starts singing, I'm going to sic "Junior" on him (Junior is one of our cats, the wife's favorite, a very large Maine Coon...)

...because the birdy told me that the R501-ab wasn't going to be released in a Levis' promotional after all--but in a surprise introduction of a new brand of underwear custom-designed by S. Hussein "In captivity in Iraq," to be labeled "Holy Rollers." (Although there seems to be some disagreement on whether to spell it "Holy" or "Hole-ly" as in "Get the lead out, ASAP!")

....boo...hisss...I know, I know, Heh....:D

and the slogan for the ads will be "Balls in a hole"...

T2k said:
and the slogan for the ads will be "Balls in a hole"...

It's a sign of fascinating content in these types of threads, but I had something more akin to "bullet holes" in mind...;)

I will be so happy when these products are announced and reviewed so that we can alleviate the mind rot that inevitably sets in during the weeks immediate to launch...as I'm sure we all will be...

ben6 said:
Um this site has gotten a bit crazy

I dunno, smoke a bit more and it starts to at least get a rhythm to it...
ylsmoke.gif

Geeforcer said:
In related news, S3 also jumped on this new industry-wide trend and thus in two weeks will unveil OmegaChrome, the design originally planned for 2H08 release.

I like that name.

<eldritch_voice>
"OmegaChrome. The last graphics card on earth."
</eldritch_voice>

Well the good news is that Nvidia has now launched the NV40 and it's winging it's way here via their private Dumbo Jet - they seem to be in a right flap about it....... so keep yer ears to the ground for the next episode. :)

Latest news !!!

R500 is now canned, R523 will be released instead.

Preliminary specs:
2(8x1)+2(4x0) pipelines (not a mistype)
256bit hyper memory bus
6x2 vertex shader
(256x2) MB graphics memory.
Embedded DRAM
Release date - Unknown
________
Vaporizer instructions

Last edited by a moderator:
Back