R:Racing Evolution

maskrider

Henshin !
Veteran
Both PS2 and GC versions are available today, X-BOX not yet.

The GC version supports 480p but the PS2 version does not. It is running at 60fps.

And the GC version comes with a Pac Man VS game.

The game support 16:9 screen mode.

Some DScaler shots (not very good as the motion is fast during capture, even with highest motion compensation).

http://www.felixmcli.org/extlinks/rre/

rre-ps2-01.jpg

rre-ps2-09.jpg

Need to play more before I can give more comment, the style (not during playing, the music, the intro) makes me feel like Ridge Racer.

ahh Monaco track, one of my fav in GT3, especially that corner, is one of the best place to drift.

This game is a joke, especially the rally mode (which is a big joke), simply get me really frustrated playing it.

IMHO, even RR5 is better than this one. I think I'll play it one to two more day and see if I will change my opinion, if not, I will just sell them off.

"How are you ugly audience ?"
rre-ps2-37.jpg

rre-ps2-38.jpg

rre-ps2-39.jpg

Playing with the Racing Life mode you will be racing as that cool girl "Rena Hayami", and watch some FMV between the races.

The game wanted to be a kind of sim by providing many settings like GT

rre-ps2-43.jpg

rre-ps2-44.jpg

But still overall, the game feels like racing games that existed many years ago, control and plays more like toy cars than racing. Here is a replay screen after the car departed

rre-ps2-40.jpg

What does it remind you ?

To me, Road Rash 3D pop out of my head.

Well, I stopped playing already, now Minna no golf 4.

Wow, that's sounds really bad. I thought seriously about buying but I am now rather waiting till the first reviews come in...

Sounds BAAAAAAAAAAAD...... :? :oops:

Shame, Namco should get their act together, it's not like they can't make a fun arcade racer...

london-boy said:
Sounds BAAAAAAAAAAAD...... :? :oops:

Shame, Namco should get their act together, it's not like they can't make a fun arcade racer...

Maybe they should let the ridge racer license rest for a while and focus on developing a new racer.

Wow, that's sounds really bad. I thought seriously about buying but I am now rather waiting till the first reviews come in...

Yep, sounds like it didn't turn out that good. Here is EGM's review;

R%20RE%20EGM%20Review.jpg

The game sounded bad from the minute it was unveiled. Plus the Ridge Racer series is overrated. The Ridge Racer games looked good though - this game doesn't.

Damn...So another year playing RR V for me...

BTW, Maskrider...I think you own Tokyo Road Race for PS2 (aka Battle Gear 2). How is the game ? I have the chance to buy it at a low price...

ShinHoshi said:
Damn...So another year playing RR V for me...

BTW, Maskrider...I think you own Tokyo Road Race for PS2 (aka Battle Gear 2). How is the game ? I have the chance to buy it at a low price...

Yes, I have BG2, the main reason I bought it was the cars in Initial D and the drifting (I am a big Initial D fan, well, I am a big anime fan anyway).

BG2 definitely plays better than this RRE.

london boy said:
u kidding right............ with so many awesome arcadey racers out there, u're still playing that POS?
No... I am not kidding. I love RR V, it's one of my favourites arcade racers ever.
I love the ambience of the tracks, the sense of speed, the music and the system with those 100% irreal drifts.
I have to admit that GX has made me play it less than before but anyways I still play it.
Not that I don't play other games like Burnout or GT3...but from the arcades ones RRV is my favourite one.

What a massive disappointment this turned out to be.
It reminds me of N64 type graphics, I think Ridge Racer was always over rated. Daytona kicked Ridge Racer in the nuts and then some!

Where art thou Sega? :cry:

Back