Quitting smoking

Hey, I loves my Kangers! Their newest dual-coils don't suck for me. (Got a protank 3 and a couple of Evod 2s.)

It was a bit of a ridiculous journey for them to get to that point though, I grant you. I never buy Kanger's newest kit, I always wait for the revisions.

I've been hearing awesome things about the nautilus though and have been thinking of getting one, how long do the coils last for ya?

^it's supposed to be pretty damn good. Read a bunch of reviews and they all said it's well suited for more power hungry devices such as the nautilus mini or high-end do-it-yourself stuff like a Kayfun.

http://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_...eaf_istick_review_mvp_killer_warning_wall_of/

@digitalwanderer: depends really. I've always had nothing but trouble with the Kanger coils, so I just tried the Nautilus. That said, even when the Kanger coils are working as intended, the vapor from the mini just tastes a lot richer. I have no idea how long the new coils last yet. Some say 3 weeks despite heavy usage. I hope that's correct. Would be fantastic if true. The BVC coils are more expensive than the Kanger replacement heads, but considering how half of my Kanger dual coils were basically dead on arrival while the other half never lasted more than 4 or 5 days, that's a price I'm more than willing to pay. So far the Nautilus seems well worth it. I wished it looked more like my Kanger Aerotank, though. (or like your Gladius for that matter). The Nautilus looks like a miniature milking machine, and it's a bit of a hassle to get the damned thing open as well.

Also make sure to get the mini (which is nowhere near as mini as the name suggests. It's 19mm in diameter and looks a bit strange on an ego battery) for the new coils. The old Nautilus still comes with regular dual coils. The new bvc coils only have a single coil arranged vertically, and supposedly those are an awful lot better. (they will work in the bigger Nautilus too)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's another vote for the Nautilus Mini. The thing really kicks ass. I use it with an Innokin itazte CLK 1280 battery.

For the Nautilus, I have to change the coil about every 10 days or it starts gurgling. Just a tip.

My old battery was a KangerTech Spinner II, which was great until it snapped in half after a week. I took it back to the shop and they'd already stopped carrying it. Apparently it is a total piece of horse shit.

I also tried a Kanger Protank II, which was okay but garbage compared to the Nautilus. I gave it to my brother.

After about 2 weeks I have at least one rather big complaint about the mini: it can be a fucking nightmare to open some times. I don't know whether it's the vacuum, or the thread on the pyrex tank (which is slightly slanted on mine), or maybe a combination of the two, but I actually had to use pliers to get the thing open on numerous occasions.
I bought the metal replacement case (which was yet another 15€). It's much better made than the glass one, and now the mini is much easier to open too. Still kinda sucks. At least it's a much better looking device now (looks more in line with the sleeker Kanger equipment now). You just have to look past the cock-shaped level indicator;)

Its the plastic o-ring that causes that. I put a little liquid around it before sealing it back up and you don't have to tighten it a lot to make a seal.

I just got an air-flow control base for my Protank 3 and it hits amazeballs better, a very good $6 investment if you have a non-air control kanger tank. You can get a new base for cheap that makes it a MUCH better vaping experience.

I use basic Kanger stuff but with a "Vision spinner" battery, that's a good upgrade on its own. Got the small model of the battery (had the medium one before but I quickly lost the whole thing), battery life is lower than I'd like but it's convenient to keep it small. I am wondering if it's semi-defective (aged when stored new before seeing any use)

What I miss is some lighting on the tank :). It's all too easy to not be able to see the level unless I light it with the phone's LED "torch". I'd use a lighter but I no longer have one. And thus I can burn the coil if I'm not extra-careful to check the liquid level..
Battery only provides power to the coil though so an inert tank can't have a LED.

I just got an air-flow control base for my Protank 3 and it hits amazeballs better, a very good $6 investment if you have a non-air control kanger tank. You can get a new base for cheap that makes it a MUCH better vaping experience.

I wish they just made a base with the biggest hole and called it a day. The stupid airflow adjustment ring on the mini is another reason it's so difficult to get open. There's just too little space to get a firm grip on the thing.

I like the air adjustment on the Gladius a LOT better than the protank 3's. The Gladius has a much wider full-open setting and a much tighter closed setting, it's also hella easier to adjust.

The protank 3 I just leave it full open and it hits decent. It's a lot better than without the air base, but I'm thinking of pulling out me drill and having some fun with small bits and increasing the airholes on some Evod 2 bases to see if I can't just improve the draw on those myself. (I'm really fond of the normal Evods, they're so easy to carry with me!)

Juice is always different, in four different e-cig places I went to the juices are not the same and one shop have two brands.
Seems the "organic" brand I defamed earlier is sold in many tobacco shops here. I did smoke one jar of it again, "tropical" taste and it was pretty good, it just requires a good power supply.

(not sure if "jar" is the right term for a 10mL plastic container?)

In sharp contrast to e-cigs made by the millions in China, anyone can make juice. even DIY!
So, many options will be region- or country-specific.

OOOOOOOOOOOH! BREAKTHROUGH!!!!

I took a couple of my Evod & Evod2s and used a 1/16" bit to make the air holes in the base a bit bigger, and OH MY GODS WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!

My Evods now hit as well as my air adjustables, increasing the airhole's bore makes a HUGE difference in how it hits. It hits much better/fuller now, and I even taste the flavors better.

Just thought I'd toss it up, it blew my mind!

The trick with the Nautilus Mini is to not tighten it so much. If you twist until it becomes difficult and stop, it's pretty easy to open with your bare hands and still won't come off unintentionally. If you torque it down with all your might, you will probably need pliers.

I tried putting a little juice around the seal as well, which works, but that's not necessary if you follow my advice above.

The trick with the Nautilus Mini is to not tighten it so much. If you twist until it becomes difficult and stop, it's pretty easy to open with your bare hands and still won't come off unintentionally. If you torque it down with all your might, you will probably need pliers.

I tried putting a little juice around the seal as well, which works, but that's not necessary if you follow my advice above.

See, I never screwed the mini tank on tightly at all. It still became hopelessly stuck due to the vacuum I suppose. It works a lot better with the metal replacement tank, though.

I try and buy my replacement juice from local stores if possible since you can always try before you buy. I have wasted quite a few Euos on liquids I thought I'd like but which ultimately turned out utterly gross (banana). I also generelly steer clear off of anything that claims to mimic the flavor of actual tobacco. I suspect the act of burning something is integral to the way tobacco is supposed to taste, and a cloud of vapor doesn't really cut it

That's weird, I have the glass tank and it's not hard at all to open it.

I did crossthread the coil really good the other day, and it was nigh impossible to get that out. Had to use two pairs of vice grips and all the strength I could muster. It finally came out, and nothing broke in the process to my surprise.

I got a new spare battery. It's an itaste vv 3.0 Pearl Chrome. The guys at the shop told me it's the older version of my main battery, so I got it on sale for $30. IMO this is an awesome battery. It has a little LCD screen that shows battery life and allows you to adjust voltage and wattage. I can't figure out the wattage thing since Volts x Amps = Watts, but moar Watts is clearly better. Whatever, I love it :smile: and it also comes with a sweetass retractable micro USB cable.

Attachments

• itaste-vv-compressed.jpg
    itaste-vv-compressed.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 6
Back