Question: eBay Ending

lopri

Regular
Hi, I have a question regarding this ebay bidding and I have no idea how to deal with it so here you go.

I'm selling an item, and it's in the middle of the acution process. Someone msg'ed me and he's living close to my town and he'd like to pick it up - and the auction isn't complete yet. He offered a fair price and I don't want to deal with the shipping so it's an OK deal with me too. But I have no idea how to end the auction and how it'll affect my feedback? I'd like to get a positive feedback from the guy but is it possible?

Thanks.

lop

Um tell him to bid on it and win?

That is what you need to do. If it is such a lovely fair price then tell him you will give him back the rest of the money.

i.e. he pays $500.00 to win it but you agreed on $400, then just have him pay you $400.00 when he shows up at your doorstep.

Or course it is probably illegal, and you should probably just let the thing play out. Ebay is an auction not classifieds site, if you want to auction it sell it on ebay otherwise use a classifieds website.

You could always just msg help at ebay and tell them you have a problem and would like them to pull the auction, post an apology etc.

it would be stupid to let the auction go to 500 and only sell for 400. you still have to cough up the 5% of 500 to pay for ebay!

no , just cancel all bids and close the auction with following : Item is damaged or stolen.
I have done it, no problem

(BUT DO IT AFTER IT IS PAID FOR)

Back