Quantum Break [XO] (by Remedy) *large images*

Yup Microsoft has notoriously had the shittiest PR in the whole tech industry since the early 2000s..

I dont think their PR is any worse than any other company. What's different is the number of people who nitpick to death every single word that is said.

Yup Microsoft has notoriously had the shittiest PR in the whole tech industry since the early 2000s..

Honestly, there's nothing wrong with companies being excited, hyped and even hyperbolic about their products & services. It's just the annoyance of them pretending (this day and age, especially with social media) that people will not fact check certain things. Sometimes the best PR are (is) consistent positive reviews and word of mouth... which Quantum Break has.

Playing through the game a second time and came across this, are parts of the bounce lighting baked?

http://abload.de/img/quantumbreak4_13_201656s0f.jpg
http://abload.de/img/quantumbreak4_13_2016eqs8p.jpg
http://abload.de/img/quantumbreak4_13_2016ijshu.jpg

In theory lighting (and global illumination) should be affected by jack casting a shadow there and occluding the main light source.

Also found this in the installation folder, should make for a good wallpaper!
splashscreen.scale-40ewd0s.png

Last edited:
Finished the game last night and to say this game is a massive blur fest on top of a bore fest is quite an understatement. From what I can recall there are only one or two big set pieces in the mid section that were somewhat memorable and after that it's going down hill without any build ups, even the ending is lackluster. The whole presentation is not helped by the excessive use of motion blur, low res effects and dithering either, gameplay became repetitive with no sense of variety as you go on, I see great potential in time powers and how they can create more varied gameplay but it's just not there. Quite disappointed really.

Very close to being finished now (act 5). Playing it very casually. Having a lot of fun with it. My complaints would be that they didn't find interesting ways to make the time powers work as combos, and they didn't have mechanics for different types of enemies. Even on hard, the game feels very casual to play. They do a pretty good job of pacing combat sections with story sections so the combat doesn't overstay it's welcome, but I think they could have done a lot more with it. If you just want something easy and entertaining, it's good. Not a game if you want a real challenge.

I love the crazy visuals. There are a lot of really interesting areas. The level designers really did a great job. Image quality is poor, but I think the visuals work anyways. The Monarch building, in particular, is full of interesting visuals. It's really a game that looks like no other, sometimes in great ways and sometimes in bad ways. To me, the good outweighs the bad, but it would really depend on what you like. I actually think the presentation works better than some other 720p games on Xbox One, like Battlefront. Do I wish it looked sharper with better texture resolution and texture filtering? 100%, yes.

Overall, I just like the oddball story and I'm interested in seeing where it goes. They have one of the better game villains that I can remember. For such a ridiculous story, he's very human and in many ways sympathetic and relatable. He's not good, but he's not pure evil either. The junction sections of the game are great, because the decisions carry real weight. Overall I haven't minded the tv episodes, though I don't see it as "the way forward" for games. It's just a unique thing that works relatively well. They play to the strengths of the tv format, which is jumping back and forth between different characters and piecing together parts of the narrative quickly and efficiently in a way a game could not do. When I was watching the show I never felt like I was watching something I should be playing. There's a good divide. I'd compare the story to something you'd get as a serial in a sci-fi magazine, or maybe an episode of the twilight zone, but with some surprisingly good acting and some actual quality drama.

I still haven't got my PC code. I'm not that worried about it, but still. Starting to tick me off, between this and the gears beta codes fiasco. WTF, how hard is this shit?

I assume I preordered, in that I purchased digitally a handful of hours before release hour. Sure it said pre order etc etc on the page. But I'm wondering if it's some issue with that, I didn't order soon enough or something (even though ANYTHING pre release should be a preorder).

How long does this special pre-order offer last for?
  • The special pre-order offer will run from February 11 to April 4th, 2016.

I still haven't got my PC code. I'm not that worried about it, but still. Starting to tick me off, between this and the gears beta codes fiasco. WTF, how hard is this shit?

I assume I preordered, in that I purchased digitally a handful of hours before release hour. Sure it said pre order etc etc on the page. But I'm wondering if it's some issue with that, I didn't order soon enough or something (even though ANYTHING pre release should be a preorder).
If you pre-order just a few hours before release then your are most probably screwed. I've seen several reports where people pre-order on the 4th but it shows up at MS as being ordered on the 5th because it was bought in a country on the 5th but ordered on the US store which was still on the 4th...it seems that if the games was already unlocked in NZ at the time of your order then you are stuck with an April 5th order. Xbox Support is giving out PC codes on a case by case basis after checking out their records if you contact them.

How long does this special pre-order offer last for?
  • The special pre-order offer will run from February 11 to April 4th, 2016.

I dont see your point. Game should have unlocked at 12 on the 5th (but it unlocked 1 hour early digital). Anyways, my order should have safely been on the fourth by definition of being before release (and the calendar).

but it shows up at MS as being ordered on the 5th because it was bought in a country on the 5th but ordered on the US store which was still on the 4th.

I bought in the USA though.

It was at least 4+ hours before unlock at 11PM on the 4th so, yeah. Because I remember regularly checking the unlock timer eager to play.

It really sounds like the perfect game for me: it's highly cinematic, great gameplay, and interesting story.
F.E.A.R. had multiplayer, even with the slowmo. Maybe QB could try multiplayer as well in a sequel?

aiyee at around 13:00

so... the hero have gameplay mechanic to reverse time to open door. but it only works only on some specifically designated doors. Same with its climbing and jumping ability. ugh...

O_O so many inconsistencies in the gameplay mechanic. its like destiny after a bunch of patch that keeps making the gameplay more and more inconsistent and took player's freedom :/ .

aiyee at around 13:00

so... the hero have gameplay mechanic to reverse time to open door. but it only works only on some specifically designated doors. Same with its climbing and jumping ability. ugh...

O_O so many inconsistencies in the gameplay mechanic. its like destiny after a bunch of patch that keeps making the gameplay more and more inconsistent and took player's freedom :/ .
Ugh..No. But then again this video is full of inconsistencies...painfull to watch (and listen to). Everything is cleary laid out as to why time powers can be used in certain circumstances during the course of the game..but this assumes that the player pays attention to what is happening which is clearly not the case with this "angry" man...

The jumping part... well it does feel weird/lame when your are in a "forced" exploration segment where you can't jump/sprint/draw your weapon..but this is a probably a design choice to "force"/get the players attention that "hey! Time to look around for stuff and listen to what I'm talking about"...

The end boss on Hard is pure crap. Really utter shit.

Last edited:
Finally did get my Win 10 code. MS finally sent me a flurry of codes today for purchases. Gears Judgment, Gears 3 (IIRC, something), Alan Wake American Nightmare, Gears 4 Beta, and QB PC. All on Xbox message.

Own or dont care about the first 3.

I
Finally did get my Win 10 code. MS finally sent me a flurry of codes today for purchases. Gears Judgment, Gears 3 (IIRC, something), Alan Wake American Nightmare, Gears 4 Beta, and QB PC. All on Xbox message.

Own or dont care about the first 3.

I'll take Alan Wake of your hands if you don't want it.

Ugh..No. But then again this video is full of inconsistencies...painfull to watch (and listen to). Everything is cleary laid out as to why time powers can be used in certain circumstances during the course of the game..but this assumes that the player pays attention to what is happening which is clearly not the case with this "angry" man...

The jumping part... well it does feel weird/lame when your are in a "forced" exploration segment where you can't jump/sprint/draw your weapon..but this is a probably a design choice to "force"/get the players attention that "hey! Time to look around for stuff and listen to what I'm talking about"...

The end boss on Hard is pure crap. Really utter shit.
Is there any valid explanation to why Jack Joyce not being able to simply move the garbage can to use it as a platform?

Back