Quadro FX 2000's specs reduced

Maybe tomorrow they will anounce that the Fx is not that good, and that they have a card that will blow the world.:

The Nvidia Quadro tnt..............with fixed s3tc and a mutch better AA.

On a serious note:
The Quadrofx is a very good professional board, but this is just ridiculous.....
I read somewhrere that the Quadro 2000 and the 5800 had the same cooler.Maybe they will do the same in the 5800.

Not good.....

Here is the review at amazon international that the info seems to have originated from:

http://www.amazoninternational.com/html/benchmarks/graphicCards/quadroFX/quadroFX_2000_page1.asp

Seems the FX 2000 performs pretty admirably even at a reduced clockrate. Still, I have to wonder if the firegl drivers have soom room left in them. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of technical reasons why the FX 2000 should be any faster than the 9700pro, especially when clocked the same for the core.

Nite_Hawk

Psikotiko said:
Maybe tomorrow they will anounce that the Fx is not that good, and that they have a card that will blow the world.:

The Nvidia Quadro tnt..............with fixed s3tc and a mutch better AA.

On a serious note:
The Quadrofx is a very good professional board, but this is just ridiculous.....
I read somewhrere that the Quadro 2000 and the 5800 had the same cooler.Maybe they will do the same in the 5800.

Not good.....

The pictures I saw indicated exactly the same gpu cooler. If this is true (reducing the clock), I am not surprised. Yields must be kicking nVidia in the teeth right now. The bright spot is that perhaps what has happened is that nVidia has simply seen the light regarding shipping overlcocked gpus in general and decided the tactic is a Bad Idea and that long term it could have disastrous results on its OEM relationships, not to mention its end-user relationships. Perhaps at ~325MHz it will run normally aspirated and at stock voltage and thermal levels. Perhaps they can dispense with the clock throttle as well. If so, it would seem the insanity is passing at nVidia (maybe)...;)

If the 2000 version runs at 325 now, wth are they going to do with the 1000 then, kick it down to 250? Nobody's going to pay lots more for the more expensive model for a measily 25MHz, even though the RAM might still tick at 400!

*G*

Grall said:
If the 2000 version runs at 325 now, wth are they going to do with the 1000 then, kick it down to 250? Nobody's going to pay lots more for the more expensive model for a measily 25MHz, even though the RAM might still tick at 400!

*G*

Could it be someone has confused the clocks for the two?

Waltc:

That's always a possibility. After having read that review I don't know how much trust I'd put in the reviewers. It felt rather immature.

Nite_Hawk

Were they using a real FireGL X1 with current drivers????

It simply seems HIGHLY unlikely that the GFFX should be leadingthe scores by that much. I dont see anything in their architecture to exaplain such leads with the same clock speed as the GL X1.

Were they using current, and furthermore, release quality drivers with the FX?

Quite frankly, the situation can be argued any way depending on incentive. The real answer is hard to find because you cannot buy the FX 2000 right now, and any drivers that support it aren't available either. They also probably didn't test 3dsmax with FSAA, which may explain some things as well.

Hellbinder[CE said:
]I dont see anything in their architecture to exaplain such leads

Nvidia has been extremely tight-lipped about the NV30 architecture, so not that many people really know about its inner structure other than what has been released to the public...

Back