PSP wont connect with my wireless router

3.03.6. My router is version 2, too.

I just left my buddies house, where it worked fine. How annoying! I went with the easy setup, and it connected right up. Put in Wipeout, and was online in a few mins. We have the same router, the only thing Im not sure of is which version he has, 1 or 2. As I said, mine is 2.

Ugh!!!

fallguy said:

I just left my buddies house, where it worked fine. How annoying! I went with the easy setup, and it connected right up. Put in Wipeout, and was online in a few mins. We have the same router, the only thing Im not sure of is which version he has, 1 or 2. As I said, mine is 2.

Ugh!!!
Hmmm, sounds odd. Have you tried to keep the reset-button pressed for 10 seconds? That will reset the router to its default settings. That's the only thing I can come up with.. :?

i just got my psp online and browsing as well (slow as hell, but i thought id give it a try)...

my problem with it not working was user error,...i had a wireless mac filter and put a 0 where a D should have been :LOL:

on a side note, dell has 1gb sony branded duo pro sticks for $100, picked up 2 myself

gokickrocks said:
on a side note, dell has 1gb sony branded duo pro sticks for $100, picked up 2 myself
Where? That's not a bad price, as the Sandisc's 1GB cost 138.90€ = 178.241 USD here in Finland. :?

worm[Futuremark said:
]
fallguy said:

Ugh!!!
Hmmm, sounds odd. Have you tried to keep the reset-button pressed for 10 seconds? That will reset the router to its default settings. That's the only thing I can come up with.. :?

I didnt know it was for 10 seconds.. I just pressed it in for like, one second. Ill try it later and let you know. Saturday the guys whos house it worked at, is going to talk over the phone with me and compare out router settings. Try to narrow it down to what the problem is. HOPEFULLY Ill have it working this weekend.

fallguy said:
I didnt know it was for 10 seconds.. I just pressed it in for like, one second. Ill try it later and let you know. Saturday the guys whos house it worked at, is going to talk over the phone with me and compare out router settings. Try to narrow it down to what the problem is. HOPEFULLY Ill have it working this weekend.
I don't remember if it was 4 or more seconds, but 10 should be enough. ;)

gokickrocks said:
worm[Futuremark said:
]
gokickrocks said:
Where? That's not a bad price, as the Sandisc's 1GB cost 138.90€ = 178.241 USD here in Finland. :?
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...3&first=true&page=productlisting.aspx
Duh, that's US only. I didn't find any memorysticks on sale on the European Dell site. :( Thanks for the link though!

It worked!!!!!!!!! I held it in for 10 seconds, and then all the lights flashed off, then all on at once. Then I reset my cable modem, and the router's power, and the PSP connected!!

Man, 2 mins of work was all it needed. Ive spent probably 5 hours at least trying to get this going. Much thanks!! :)

Now... how do I surf the net? :) I get the the download section, and it says coming soon. I dont get the PSP portal like the article says in the link I dropped a few posts back.

I think all you need to change is your DNS address or something. Uh, it's on the first page of that thread at GameFaqs... Make sure you set it up and name it as a second connection so you don't muck up your working connection, then change the DNS or whatever it says in the link. Make sure your settings take - mine didn't the first time - and then boom, you're in.

I wasn't awfully impressed. Internet access was a little slow for my liking. But it was kind of cool.

Hopefully Sony will announce an official browser soon.

uh oh

you guys r talking about resetting modems, configuring DCHP, MAc filter,
my brain is just like : "erd duh"

So, i have my wep key, the PSP detected my connection.

My problems:
1) the connection times out
2)you said type in 168.192.0.1 that doesnt do anything...internet explorer says it can't fnid the page
3)i went to 2 friend's houses, it worked first time... thats it

I use a telus 2wire box thingy.

Can some1 tell me hwo to configure the settings?
i've also never been able to connect with a friend over C&C generals(direct connect); dont' know if that helps but i hope it does/

I dont have any wireless routers in ym house. Just the 2wire box with 1 cable going in and 1 going out.

My friend also has a 2wire box and he never had any trouble

you guys r talking about resetting modems, configuring DCHP, MAc filter,
my brain is just like : "erd duh"

So, i have my wep key, the PSP detected my connection.

My problems:
1) the connection times out
2)you said type in 168.192.0.1 that doesnt do anything...internet explorer says it can't fnid the page3)i went to 2 friend's houses, it worked first time... thats it

I use a telus 2wire box thingy.

Can some1 tell me hwo to configure the settings?
i've also never been able to connect with a friend over C&C generals(direct connect); dont' know if that helps but i hope it does/

I dont have any wireless routers in ym house. Just the 2wire box with 1 cable going in and 1 going out.

My friend also has a 2wire box and he never had any trouble

Try 192.168.1.254,

I'm confused, you say you want to connect your psp wirelessly but you then say you don't have a wireless router?

Do you have a wireless router in your house? Do you access the internet from your PC using a wireless connection, or a wired connection?

hi ive tried all this but nothing seems to work i have a neotopia modem with eircom and i have thewlan switch on.
help please and please try to keep it simple!!

thanks!:D

Back