Mindfulness. Have you tried it? Can you explain it with simple words?

orangpelupa

Elite Bug Hunter
Legend
There's a mindfulness session in my city and I'm curious about it (as none of the explanations I've Googled around made sense and youtube videos of it making even less sense) but the session is 8 hours long.

Sure if it's just a few hours then I can just schedule a time. But 8 hours?

I wonder, have any of you tried mindfulness session?

Can you explain it with simple words?

"Mindfulness is the practice of purposely bringing one's attention to the present-moment experience without evaluation, a skill one develops through meditation or other training"

Like meditation in general, some people find it really helpful. My wife suffers from chronic pain and she was offered a mindfulness course. Plenty of people on that found it useful. When I ask my wife how she got on she said, "all I can think about during meditation is how much everything bloody hurts". ❤️

Thanks, so it's actively thinking what is currently happening / being experienced.

Hopefully she keeps getting better and better

There's a mindfulness session in my city and I'm curious about it (as none of the explanations I've Googled around made sense and youtube videos of it making even less sense) but the session is 8 hours long.

Sure if it's just a few hours then I can just schedule a time. But 8 hours?

I wonder, have any of you tried mindfulness session?

Can you explain it with simple words?
I ve tried a few meditation sessions that were a few hours long. Never tried 8 hour one. But there is a chance the 8 hour session may include more than just one thing.

I ve tried a few meditation sessions that were a few hours long. Never tried 8 hour one. But there is a chance the 8 hour session may include more than just one thing.
Yeah there's even a sleeping session.

But I just can't dedicate that much hours. And turns out it's 11 hours long.

Yeah there's even a sleeping session.

But I just can't dedicate that much hours. And turns out it's 11 hours long.
My advice is, go for it. It is a moment you will be giving to yourself. It is not work. It is what your nervous system and body might need.
It might give you a new perspective and the whole concept is for once to stop overthinking and just allow yourself to enjoy by just being.
It is something you dont experience often. We get so used to absorbing junk, living in a judgmental, overthinking/overanalytical mind, consuming and working that we cant accept anything else that is out of the "ordinary" of what our brains are used to even if the "ordinary" tires us and makes us sick.
Its worth it even with the idea of doing something different.

11 hours is actually nothing compared to the hours we are wasting in other things. I am sure there were times where you spent 11 hours just working. We aren't made to be machines.

My advice is, go for it. It is a moment you will be giving to yourself. It is not work. It is what your nervous system and body might need.
It might give you a new perspective and the whole concept is for once to stop overthinking and just allow yourself to enjoy by just being.
It is something you dont experience often. We get so used to absorbing junk, living in a judgmental, overthinking/overanalytical mind, consuming and working that we cant accept anything else that is out of the "ordinary" of what our brains are used to even if the "ordinary" tires us and makes us sick.
Its worth it even with the idea of doing something different.

11 hours is actually nothing compared to the hours we are wasting in other things. I am sure there were times where you spent 11 hours just working. We aren't made to be machines.
Its Sunday.

It's the only day where I can be lazy and sleep almost all day. And at that date unfortunately I also already scheduled myself to fiddle around with transforming my dad into metahuman (thats already long overdue).

There's also gonna be a new Gundam episode!

If its just a few hours, I would be able to schedule around, and gladly jump in.

Btw, it's strange, Writing these makes me remember that I need to contact TCL service Center about my warranty claim.

Its Sunday.

It's the only day where I can be lazy and sleep almost all day. And at that date unfortunately I also already scheduled myself to fiddle around with transforming my dad into metahuman (thats already long overdue).

There's also gonna be a new Gundam episode!

If its just a few hours, I would be able to schedule around, and gladly jump in.

Btw, it's strange, Writing these makes me remember that I need to contact TCL service Center about my warranty claim.
See? Thats exactly what I m talking about and why you need to get yourself out of these habits.
You are going to be productively "lazy" to dive into your being with thise 11 hours but your mind keeps thinking about responsibilities, comfort zones and wasting more of your life on external things

See? Thats exactly what I m talking about and why you need to get yourself out of these habits.
You are going to be productively "lazy" to dive into your being with thise 11 hours but your mind keeps thinking about responsibilities, comfort zones and wasting more of your life on external things

Its 11 hours. That's basically the whole day.

If I do go, indeed that would be a very new experience tho.

Googling around, hadn't found shorter sessions. Actually, that 11 hours session is the only one for November.

Its 11 hours. That's basically the whole day.
Yeah, its as a whole day that will be for yourself.
The reasons you describe why you shouldnt go, to me, reveals why you need something like this.
We are constantly feeling up our minds with "responsibilities and things we need to do" and we think thats normal, where mindfullness is literally the opposite which is just being. And thats the normal state.
And that our brains can't accept. It is accustomed to resist it because of decades of conditioning. Depending on your mind's resistance you might experience either your brain telling you the whole day why you shouldn't be there, or it might engross itself in the experience and have some new realizations.
Can you send me the link to the event?

OMG SLS launch went well! wohooooo!

EDIT
Whoops, drowned in the hype, my brain got confused. why i posted that here ROFL.

----

Yeah, its as a whole day that will be for yourself.
The reasons you describe why you shouldnt go, to me, reveals why you need something like this.
We are constantly feeling up our minds with "responsibilities and things we need to do" and we think thats normal, where mindfullness is literally the opposite which is just being. And thats the normal state.
And that our brains can't accept. It is accustomed to resist it because of decades of conditioning. Depending on your mind's resistance you might experience either your brain telling you the whole day why you shouldn't be there, or it might engross itself in the experience and have some new realizations.
Can you send me the link to the event?

and if its just a few hours, i'll gladly join. then the next time maybe i will be okay with joining an 11hrs event.

its this event https://www.instagram.com/p/CkcetGjv-uJ/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Back