PSP problem with movies

Nesh

Double Agent
Legend
For some reason my PSP cant play fully some movies. For example the Gears review from gametrailers plays well for some minutes until it stops and says this video cant be playied. It does the same with other mp4 movies and I dont know why

Can anyone help me?

For some reason my PSP cant play fully some movies. For example the Gears review from gametrailers plays well for some minutes until it stops and says this video cant be playied. It does the same with other mp4 movies and I dont know why

Can anyone help me?

Which firmware version are you using? (Some of the early firmwares couldn't handle 4Gb or larger memcards.)

It sounds though like it could be a memory card issue. You could have some bad sectors or something similar on the memcard. If you are in a position to test this with another memory card, then I'd do that. Or maybe reformat it.

Which firmware version are you using? (Some of the early firmwares couldn't handle 4Gb or larger memcards.)

It sounds though like it could be a memory card issue. You could have some bad sectors or something similar on the memcard. If you are in a position to test this with another memory card, then I'd do that. Or maybe reformat it.
Well I have the latest firmware installed (3,03) and a 1GB mem card. Probably I ll do that and format it. But I get the impression there is something else wrong, because it does it specifically with certain mp4 files. Usually the "big" ones (lasting for around 3 minutes and above)

What kind of memory card is it? Brand? Bought online? Etc. But test as specified. Did you try the 1up show from www.1up.com? It's the last thing I've watched and downloaded, so I'm sure it should work (annoying that you can't RSS that one, by the way - if you do, you get the full res version. They do have a special PSP version downloadable from the site, but that you have to unzip and then copy to your PSP. Silly. Anyway, it's still fun to watch ;) )

Mind you I have never had such problems! All videos that worked played right to the end. If you can, try another memcard. I'm going to place my money on that one being the cause.

Its an official brand new one.

I didnt play any of the 1up RSS yet since when I tried I kind of got lost but I found and tested an anime RSS with some short episodes. :)

And I am pissed because I cant play them fully :mad:

Anyways I ll format it right now and check again some of the videos that dont play fully

Maybe it's a problem with the video encoding. My videos encoded with PSP video 9 seem to work OK.

I have played 30+ min anime episodes with no, issue. But then again, I have always used 1.5 w Devhook or custom firmware.

PS: not sure if you know, but there might be a downgrade for 3.03 soon, so it's might not be wise to upgrade to 3.04 if Sony releases it. :)

I reformated my mem stick. It seems ok for now. I ll have to find the same videos that had problems now to check it because I deleted them from my PC.

Indeed I just found that 3.03 downgrader is out :D

I should be cautious with it though since I am not used to downgrading. I might brick it

I reformated my mem stick. It seems ok for now. I ll have to find the same videos that had problems now to check it because I deleted them from my PC.

Indeed I just found that 3.03 downgrader is out :D

I should be cautious with it though since I am not used to downgrading. I might brick it

Well there always will be a possibility of bricking. My downgrade was done by some one else, who has done it before. I was to much of a noob at that time to try, that and I don't have GTA:LCS, which the new downgrade seem to need as well.

Best of luck, if you decide to downgrade.
Once you get to 1.5, you might want to try to flash to the 3.03 OE-C custom firmware.
Homebrew + AVC video at full resolution 480x272 + PSX emulator that can run your own converted PSX games = nice.

Back