PSN weekly updates

No, I agree. Writing is much thinner and worse in Dragon's Dogma, but the gameplay is immeasurably better than Skyrim. The environments also feel more alive. Skyrim always felt more like a cardboard diorama than an actual place. The way the sun shines, the night falls and the trees and bushes sway in the wind make Dragon's Dogma feel more real.

That night fight with the ogre with wolves ravaging around while the player climbs on the Ogre's back , ala SOTC, and bashes him , while a pawn sets the Ogre on fire....it does seem awesome ! :D.....and difficult...but still awesome !

Last edited by a moderator:

That night fight with the ogre with wolves ravaging around while the player climbs on the Ogre's back , ala SOTC, and bashes him ....it does seem awesome ! :D.....and difficult...but still awesome !

Climbing onto a Griffon and hacking away at its wings, that's awesome! But not so much when it takes off and deposits you on your ass :LOL:

Climbing onto a Griffon and hacking away at its wings, that's awesome! But not so much when it takes off and deposits you on your ass :LOL:

:p

Have to download it now, what can be better than getting ur butt kicked high up in the air :LOL:! Just watched Pacific Rim and Imagonna-kick-Griffin-butt to outer space ad back ! BTW, loved th emovie but it had some of the worst actors ever. The Mechs and Kaiju saved the day !

:p

Have to download it now, what can be better than getting ur butt kicked high up in the air :LOL:! Just watched Pacific Rim and Imagonna-kick-Griffin-butt to outer space ad back ! BTW, loved th emovie but it had some of the worst actors ever. The Mechs and Kaiju saved the day !

I sat through the whole movie, and I can honestly say that I was more on the monsters team than I was with the humans!

I sat through the whole movie, and I can honestly say that I was more on the monsters team than I was with the humans!

Nah ! Those suweet mechs had all my attention all the time :cool: (Boy how much have we progressed from Jurassic Park), but I couldn't shake the feeling that we needed Neo, Trinity and Morpheus instead of those lame attempts at heroes :p

Blasphemy!

*Reports post for abuse*

Best gameplay, quite intense and skill based

Boss (also mini bosses) battles are great

Best world exploration (there is quite limited quick travel)...traveling around could be quite deadly and challenging

Quite complex leveling and character development (had to read up a lot), but smart way of leveling imo and super fun

Gives you the feel of a big fantasy quest and the feeling that you learn what is going on in the world the more you play it...kind of 'experience' mechanism for the player :)

Story so far is good imo.

What I miss, but don't know if it will be available later on: in Skyrim you have the main quest line, but also some major side quest lines plus some standard ad hoc quests. This is the only aspect in DD that seems to be lacking in comparison up to now: the amount if quest lines.

Overall, I am quite surprised how good DD is. In fact, it replaces Skyrim as my favorite fantasy RPG this gen.

And hey...you get it for free with PS+...how cool is this!

Major pro tip: go all assassin the time you get the chance :) assassin is soooo cool...

You guys had me confused. I could have sworn it was Kingdoms of Amalur that was now on PS+ and not DD.

Had to double check the US list to make sure (it is Amalur). Looks like DD is for the EU Plus+. Very nice.

Best gameplay, quite intense and skill based

Boss (also mini bosses) battles are great

Best world exploration (there is quite limited quick travel)...traveling around could be quite deadly and challenging

Quite complex leveling and character development (had to read up a lot), but smart way of leveling imo and super fun

Gives you the feel of a big fantasy quest and the feeling that you learn what is going on in the world the more you play it...kind of 'experience' mechanism for the player :)

Story so far is good imo.

What I miss, but don't know if it will be available later on: in Skyrim you have the main quest line, but also some major side quest lines plus some standard ad hoc quests. This is the only aspect in DD that seems to be lacking in comparison up to now: the amount if quest lines.

Overall, I am quite surprised how good DD is. In fact, it replaces Skyrim as my favorite fantasy RPG this gen.

And hey...you get it for free with PS+...how cool is this!

Major pro tip: go all assassin the time you get the chance :) assassin is soooo cool...

For me the actual game play mechanics are far better than skyrim, the battles wetter more intense and focused, it all had a very solid feel to it. The only thing that it missed was the open world, if you had more areas to explore and some randomly generated ruins/dungeons it would have been nearly perfect!

If you want to know what game will be released on PSN+, just asked me what I buy and it will be released 1-3 months later on PSN+ (which I have, BTW). Great stuff :D .

Ya, I bought Amalur a few months back :)

I thought Amalur was a fantastic game. The colourful graphics and the fae setting were quite refreshing. The attention to detail about Gaelic mythology was also quite gratifying. I still haven't made it through the final fight yet though. Get my arse kicked every time!

It's a shame 38 went under. I thought there was a real future for an Amalur series.

Sent from my Xperia Z using Forum Runner

I thought Amalur was a fantastic game. The colourful graphics and the fae setting were quite refreshing. The attention to detail about Gaelic mythology was also quite gratifying. I still haven't made it through the final fight yet though. Get my arse kicked every time!

It's a shame 38 went under. I thought there was a real future for an Amalur series.

Sent from my Xperia Z using Forum Runner

Yes, just the demo of KOM was enough to show you the game rocks !

Can you buh....lieve this :

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013...-november-metal-gear-rising-remember-me-more/

MGRising Revengence and Remember Me free on Plus this month ! Holy moly, Now what the hell do I download, KOA, Dragons Dogma or MGR...of course MGR will go first !!! :D

In summary
Leaving PS Plus:
23rd October: Far Cry 3
23rd October: Mafia 2
23rd October: Spec Ops The Line (NBA 2K13 in UAE)
23rd October: Street Fighter X Tekken
23rd October: Touch My Katamari
Entering PS Plus:
23rd October: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
23rd October: Remember Me
23rd October: Oddworld Strangers Wrath
23rd October: MotorStorm RC

BTW, he mentions in comments that Motorstorm RC is a crossbuy ,so we get it for PS3 too !
Best gaming service ever :cool: !

Back