PSN weekly updates

Thanx for the link to the PC store, I did not know it was up and running or I wouldn't have missed the deal :rolleyes: ! Anyways, still bought the Unfinished Swan+Journey bundle as it is still lower priced than buying both games.
I hope my Niece loves the Unfinished Swan, as I have bought it as a B'day present for her, her b'day is on the 31st Dec. She loves story books ever since I introduced her to th ejoys of Enid Blyton when she was young :) !

In the US at least, there is a flash sale going on the Assassin's Creed III games, including Liberation which is $23.39 for the weekend.

This week "Dragon Hunter: Alliance" for some reason is just 99 cents on PSN which is pretty hard to beat if you are looking for some accessible couch co-op action.

Last edited by a moderator:
Summer sale is going on the PSN store right now. Any recommendations on what should be bought?
I missed out on Okami HD and ZOE HD as I was waiting for the weekend and the deals changed.

BTW, is RE4 HD a good port? Is it 60 fps and does it have all the graphical effects of the Game cube version? or is it a ps2 port? I couldn't finish my RE4 on my ps2 and buying the hDv ersion was always on my mind. Also tempted by KZ HD cos it looks so good in HD and I have good memories of paying it.

Starhawk is also on sale but is the title even alive in MP these days? Does the SP have split screen co-op?

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-in/summer-sale/cid=STORE-MSF75508-SUM_FEST_SALE_CH

Buying Starhawk ! Was always a Warhawk fan, but I am very doubtful if I will even find games for this. Times have changed now. Warhawk lived on for a looooong time, but these days MP games die out in a month or two , unless they are BF or COD.

DOwloaded the Spelunky Demo and have to say the game is super fun and damn addictive :p ! I had played the game on PC when it was a free game but the kb/mouse didn't lend itself well to controlling the character. With the controller and rezzed up graphics the game is pure joy.
Till now have made it only to mine 1-2 :LOL: !

Anyone who has played it on PC should try it out here. looks and plays much much better and anyone who hasn't played Spelunky : Well, welcome to randomnly generated caves, humour, powers, frustration and a lot of fun :D !

I have to say the cost is a bit too high for me to buy it right now, but for Vita owners, its a cross buy, so worth every penny.

Lets squeeze the juice out of the demo first :p !

Buying Starhawk ! Was always a Warhawk fan, but I am very doubtful if I will even find games for this. Times have changed now. Warhawk lived on for a looooong time, but these days MP games die out in a month or two , unless they are BF or COD.

I liked Starhawk. Played it everyday before I moved to Vita + iOS.

Theres a Warshooter sale going on at PSN.
Ghost Recon Future soldier and Brothers in Arms Hells Highway are both around $9. Which one should I go for? Which one has a better Single PLayer?

How do th emissions and commanding the squads compare? Is GRFS just a COD type shooter?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, but even more useful is the option to have games updated automatically, and that's still behind the Plus barrier:

EeW65qA.jpg

Sheesh, I am swarmed at work again. Is Farcry 3 a good game ? Is it free for US PS+ users to ?

Personally, I thought it was a great game. Narrative took me far enough along to get my enjoyment out the game. Unfortunately not far enough along to finish the game, but I think the Zero Punctuation video on it (which I watched before playing the game) killed my motivation in that regard. :LOL: Anyway, I think the narrative along with some pretty solid game play mechanics makes it a very enjoyable game. That said, I do remember that were some things about it that annoyed me and/or detracted from the overall experience, but I can no longer remember specifically what those things were. Yes, it is (was?) free to US PS+.

I re subscribed to PS+ today. Is Dragons Dogma worth the download? i am also playing some Skyrim currently. Is it special, like say Demons Souls? I mean is the world unique to explore ?

I re subscribed to PS+ today. Is Dragons Dogma worth the download? i am also playing some Skyrim currently. Is it special, like say Demons Souls? I mean is the world unique to explore ?

I love Dragons Dogma, it has a very unique flavour compared to Skyrim. But I do find the world limiting once you get to a certain level (45+), it's very small map. The day\night cycle makes for very intense play at lower levels. You'll never forget your first fight with a Chimera, Ogre, or Griffon!! The sheer scale of the encounters is impressive though.

Back