PS5 rumoured to be getting PS3 BC

Shifty Geezer

uber-Troll!
Legend
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...-backwards-compatibility-is-on-its-way-to-ps5

Would be a very nice move if so. There still remain plenty of games over the years that don't get (worthwhile) sequels or updates. How likely is this in reality?

Also, surely PS1 and 2 emulation would be included given easier and more mature emulation tech for those. Maybe PS3 emulation running its PS1/2 emulation! :D

Edit: What about possible game enhancements? What is RPCS3 managing for PS3 emulation on PC?

Last edited:
Bizarelly, being this late to the BC party might end up beeing less bad now that MS confirmed it stopped its BC program.

If they can offer comprehensive support for the entire previous library on day one, they can even through some shade at MS BC.

In a perfect world, they'd even allow you to play ps3/2/1 games directly from their original disks, but I doubt they'll go there. They wann resell old backlog through their online stores, and I sure there is not shortage of people willing to buy the same game twice.

In a perfect world, they'd even allow you to play ps3/2/1 games directly from their original disks, but I doubt they'll go there. They wann resell old backlog through their online stores, and I sure there is not shortage of people willing to buy the same game twice.
I still have older gen games I want to finish. I hope they do mage the move to that

Bizarelly, being this late to the BC party might end up beeing less bad now that MS confirmed it stopped its BC program.

If they can offer comprehensive support for the entire previous library on day one, they can even through some shade at MS BC.
Seems a reasonable possibility for 1 and 2 given state of PS2 emulation on PC and Sony's prior work on it. Not sure about PS3. Ideally I'd like them to allow you the chance to try a game. Some bugs are worth living with. Considering the buggy shite that gets sold as new games, there's no real reason any more to limit buggy BC titles on some spurious 'quality of experience' grounds! ;)

To be honest I can't longer play anything 3d before ps4 era (even if its remastered which I despise) but still would be nice

FJPfsMxUcAIhf7L

When Nathan Hale isn't around, who you gonna call? Chimera Busters!

To be honest I can't longer play anything 3d before ps4 era (even if its remastered which I despise) but still would be nice
Yeah look at how gran tourismo looked back then, compared to now. I think for the most genre's ppl are looking at it with rose colored glasses and their memories. The more graphically impressive games at the time seem to age the worse. 2D titles etc seem to come off best

Reactions: snc
Yeah look at how gran tourismo looked back then, compared to now. I think for the most genre's ppl are looking at it with rose colored glasses and their memories. The more graphically impressive games at the time seem to age the worse. 2D titles etc seem to come off best
I really hope the emulation allows some tweaking to improve image quality.

Early 3D had problems which are now mostly solved. (affine texture mapping, vector math precision, subpixel precision etc.)
Allowing basic AA and such would be nice as well. (and improved loading times.)

Back