PS5 Pro *spawn

That PSSR ghosting bug in reflections reminds me of that bug in DLSS where animations would start ghosting if the image stayed still for too long. I think it has been fixed since (?).

You mean the RT reflections? They mention it’s maybe something specific to this game. When Oliver checked out F1 24 he didn’t mention this behaviour on the RT reflections there, and neither on GT7 or Hogwarts.

Hopefully it’s something they can fix.

Technically it depends where the workload for the NPCs is. The animation and skinning could be happening on either CPU or GPU, and the reason for the reduce NPC count on PS5Pro could be a lack of CPU or GPU capacity. If we have clear evidence that the animation is running on the CPU, we can conclude the reduce character count on Pro is for (the expected) CPU limits. Perhaps the PC version gives an indicator?

We know from the PC version the biggest CPU performance hog is updating the BVH, and when running in fidelity mode there is enough frame time to update the BVH and have some extra NPC's on screen.

When running at 60fps I expect the impact on the CPU side from having to update the BVH at double the rate is large and requires cuts in other area's to free up the CPU time.

It was below is several notable aspects though. Alex described it as reminiscent of XeSS's initial impressions.

And this is with high base resolutions. A scenario where even FSR typically fares okay against DLSS.
It was less stable and less detailed but on the other hand has much better antialiasing on round geometry edges, xess was defenitly behind

Ratchet is the least impressive implementation of pssr, waiting for other comparisons

Expecting the biggest gains in 3rd party image quality..
I don't like NX gamer, but someone finally tested the new patches. The comments by the developer on how the NPC's "think" and have routines are mad.

The NPC's in this game are completely useless. They repeat the same lines over and over again. They appear and disappear meters from the camera constantly. You are never going to notice any routines.

They are wasting CPU cicles for literally nothing. This game is bad, and not just for things like that.

I think DLSS Not reconstructing the checkerboard reflections Shows a quality of Implementation issue in the Nixxes insomniac Games. Other Games use checkerboard reflections and do Not have that issue (Cyberpunk with RT)

The Spiderman games have terrible reflection quality on PC and they're the games that I was hoping to get a ray reconstruction update as the benefit would be insane.

But it never happened 😔

Expecting the biggest gains in 3rd party image quality..
I don't like NX gamer, but someone finally tested the new patches. The comments by the developer on how the NPC's "think" and have routines are mad.

The NPC's in this game are completely useless. They repeat the same lines over and over again. They appear and disappear meters from the camera constantly. You are never going to notice any routines.

They are wasting CPU cicles for literally nothing. This game is bad, and not just for things like that.
Wrong thread? What has this to do with PS5 Pro?

There is a comparison in the video of the short clip of PS5 Pro footage
Then the post should have been "there's a clip here comparing PS5 Pro to patch xxx that shows such-and-such" and not "the NPCs in this game are useless."

It's in the title of the video? I'm not obligated to provide those things.
You really are. If you want to share information with people, you need to share the relevant info. It's not your audience's responsibility to go and try to find what you are wanting to say. As an extreme example, if I want to point to a data point from an nVidia presentation, I could just link to the nVidia website and leave the readers to go visit it and search for the relevant presentation and find the relevant slide I want them to look at.

Also, the title of the video as presented is "Dragon's Dogma 2 - Patch 2.03 Is this r...", certainly in my browser. Nothing there communicates the relevance.

It's right under the "Here comes a new challenger" on the preview image for the video.
Obfuscated under a "Watch on YouTube" button. And even if someone takes time to parse all the information of the thumbnail to see the connection, the relevance here requires every person who wants to see the video to either watch it in its entirety or scroll through. Linking with a timestamp saves that for everyone. Same reason when you cite a literary work or reference a paper, you give page (and even paragraph and line) numbers.

Back