[PS3] Resistance 3 [SPOILER ALERT - Contains R2 story discussion]

That's quick !

I think you need to send invite for co-op but I'm not certain.

The game difficulty can vary between different playthrough. My first NY run was very difficult. Second one was manageable alone.

yes' its very quick for me, I usually take weeks to finish a campaign, but it felt so damn good and it kept pushing me forward. I ended up not working for a single minute yesterday, only taking breaks for food :LOL: ! My family tried their best to peel me away from it, but my "just 10 mmore minutes" never ended :D !

There's a reason we don't go to "Ravenholm", its because its fucking scary, I don't know how much time I spent jumping in my chair in that level. Thanx to Atomizer, I manged it finally! The train ride with the Widowmakers running alongside me, and the rain pouring down was super memorable, but it should have ended with a on rails Boss fight with multiple Widowmakers, not the way it did.
I bloody had goosebumps all over me when they threw me in the arena with the sledgehammer !!!!!!:p The arena itself was visually stunning and the brutality and insanity( "did I ever tell u definition of insanity?") of the whole thing took my excitement to another level, I want an MP MODE LIKE THAT !

Every level feels so unique and gripping that I can write a para on each one of them! The game is brilliant ! Hope the climax is brilliant as well. Capelli's speech on the radio before entering New York has really set the tone for whats to come. Malikov is dead too..........don't really know what to expect!

Thw whole concept of some Chimera having gone feral, free of the hive mind has created a superb mystery around it. Can't wait to finish it !!!!

The last time I sacrificed work for a game campaign was when Snake finally arrived on the ps3 ! I took leave for 4 days , faked fever, and became a Legend ;) (for a few days) !!

Finished it and loved it ! Though I would say that the New York level is not as good as the rest of the game, I mean after those Sniper Longlegs arrive. BefOre that it was real fun uptill the point you meet the Widowmaker in Times Square, but it becomes average after that.*

BTW, I encountered a bug in the Widowmaker Boss fight in Times Square. I kept shooting its weakspots for around 20 mins only to realise that it wasn't taking any damage at all. Rsstarted the game and the Widowmaker died quickly.*

As for the last section on the
Terraformer !
The only way to explain it would be that it is a homage to the last level of RFOM.
You do exactly the same thing as you did in that last levelof RFOM. Shoot the rods while all kindof chimera rush at you. I can understand the nostalgia, and did enjoy it but I would have liked something new there, not a remake of the same level.
RFOM isn't that old, you know.

All in all, one of the finest and most enjoyable campaigns of this gen ! Can't wait to replay in Co-op ! When don't they let randpmn people join in co-op like in Uncharted 2 and RE5 ? There must be so many like me who just want to play co-op and do not have a friend playing at the exact same time. Letme host a game and let me have other people join, like in,say, LBP !*

BTW, I encountered a bug in the Widowmaker Boss fight in Times Square. I kept shooting its weakspots for around 20 mins only to realise that it wasn't taking any damage at all. Rsstarted the game and the Widowmaker died quickly.*

I had very same bug, which I also got by restarting. And I also found a bug with an earlier boss fight.
Against Satan, the last time you face him. I went to pick up a cannister, which somehow became invisible. The game wouldn't let me throw it away, so I got stuck in the carrying animation, unable to switch to a weapon. I died, the game reloaded, and I got past without running into the same issue.

What's this about having to unlock the online features? I had to enter a code that only works on a European account (because I bought the UK version of the game it seems). What if I was overseas and bought a game in another country? Would I need to buy the "online part" of the game then? :rolleyes: :oops:

BTW: Completed the game on hard. Awesome. :devilish:

Yeah I think you buy the online pass for the country you bought the game from. The pass works for everyone on the PS3, and you can redownload it from the store for free if you lose it.

Btw, patch 1.03 is supposed to land next Tuesday.

Well, the new mysteries evoked by the new feral chimera were never resolved at all :( ! How did they disconnect themselves from the hive mind? They were evoking new threads but then left it after
Malikov died.
I was expecting that these questioms would be answered by the end.

Also,
the wormwhole was over the whole desert at the end of R2, but it was shown over a tower in NY in R3 ?!?!?!

See my story speculation last page. ^_^

My first Hard playthrough was impossible in NY as well. On my replay, it became manageable. I think it depends on your spawn luck and the way you approach the enemies.

Did you also run away from some stages ?

See my story speculation last page. ^_^

My first Hard playthrough was impossible in NY as well. On my replay, it became manageable. I think it depends on your spawn luck and the way you approach the enemies.

Did you also run away from some stages ?

No siree ! I did not run away from any encounter. In fact, the inifinite enemies that u guys were discussing before are not infinite at all. For the grims in the subway, I just waited with my trusty Sledgehammer and bashed each ones face that came my way. They were not thatv many at all. Sledgehammer, Cryogun and Atomizer are awesome crowd. Control weapons, especially fun in the dark :) !

my first playthough was on hard, I thought it was a joke compare to R2, its like R2 on normal, maybe even easier. I finished the game on Superhuman, still find it very easy....

Finished normal in 8hrs 22mins. One of the finest single player campaigns of this generation. Very high level of polish throughout, excellent level design. Now for a hard run through.

It was very polished overall, but I did experience a bug on my first playthrough.
on the prison level, I somehow warped/fell into a section that you're not supposed to be and I couldn't get out... I had to quit and restart the level. I could tell I wasn't supposed to be there because part of the level wasn't rendered.
Didn't happen on my second playthrough.

Loving the SP more and more, especially because of the weapon upgrades. I just wish they went past lvl3... it would've added so much more replay value. I played the R&C games for so many hours just to max out the weapons.

Last edited by a moderator:
I coud not complete some areas NY on hard, had to come down to normal there ! But otherwise hard of R3 is easier than normal of RFOM !

Indeed, some stages were quite difficult, but overall, I found with a bit of patience and trying different ways to tackle the objective proved to be the way. The most annoying parts of the games were the Grims, especially Mount whatever. For some reason, I ran out of ammo and couldn't find any and with the amount of grims, hand-combat wasn't a possibility and at that stage, you also don't have a sledgehammer, so I had to run through that section. Luckily, and I still don't know how, I managed to find the correct route into the mines. :devilish:

BTW: about the New York area:
That end part "Survice the Chimeran attack" was brutal. It started out quite easy but once I made my way to the other side with little to no health and nearly no ammo and then get confronted with those two spider machines whatever they're called, I nearly fainted. And then of course that huge thing firing at you from the distance. I was able to destroy one of them and was a bit dumfounded that you were ment to "die" anyway, so you can be rescued by the others.

Indeed, some stages were quite difficult, but overall, I found with a bit of patience and trying different ways to tackle the objective proved to be the way. The most annoying parts of the games were the Grims, especially Mount whatever. For some reason, I ran out of ammo and couldn't find any and with the amount of grims, hand-combat wasn't a possibility and at that stage, you also don't have a sledgehammer, so I had to run through that section. Luckily, and I still don't know how, I managed to find the correct route into the mines. :devilish:

BTW: about the New York area:
That end part "Survice the Chimeran attack" was brutal. It started out quite easy but once I made my way to the other side with little to no health and nearly no ammo and then get confronted with those two spider machines whatever they're called, I nearly fainted. And then of course that huge thing firing at you from the distance. I was able to destroy one of them and was a bit dumfounded that you were ment to "die" anyway, so you can be rescued by the others.

I really like Mt. Peasant part a lot ! It was fucking scary cos of those myraid pathways along rooftops and horde of grims :D ! I died many times there but did not lower the difficulty as I was enjoying it so much. The Atomizer makes for great crowd controla dn fireworks display at night :p ! Yes, ammo is scarce and one has to constantly juggle weapons to get thru there alive. To add to it, I couldn't find the right way out for quite some time, so had to face each every one of the chimera that spawn there. Its one of the most memorable sections of the campaign for me. I had been calling it Ravenholm uptill now, its only after reading your post that I remembered the name. Loved it !

As for NY, yes, me too managed to kill one of the STALKERs, before "dying" . The revival was a very welcome surprise.

My only wish is they should have made the final level
different from the final stage of RFOMits exactly the same !! And they should have ended the last cutscene with a message or something from Joe! What he feels about his duty and family now, and how he thinks or not whether they are one or separate parts of his life. Should everyone take up the bigger cause, sacrificing love, or should one be content with saving what he considers one's own and leave the rest to resolve on its own. Fight or flight. Is it worth it? Are future generations our responsibilty? What kindof world should we leave for them....The cutscene just ended with him coming home. It wasn't enouh to wrap up the story, the effort I have put in defeating the chimera in the last 8-9 hours

Other than that, a brilliant game :cool: ! Wish I would get sometime to play co-op with u guys, but my work schedule is really over the top right now, and the game doesn't let me co-op with randomn people :( !

Played some MP after the latest patch and I did not encounter the frustrating lag anymore ! There was one point where lag was pretty evident, but other than that it went much smoother than before. Played a round of Breacha and capture the flag, and enjoyed them both a lot :D ! It does have its own charm, once you get past the low res image ! Loved it ! And really like the small duration of each match, seems perfect to me, just the right length, neither too long, nor too short.

Hope the community stays strong after the Uncharteds,CODs and BF3 releases, cos I enjoy this MP much more than those !

Patch 1.03 did not fix the annoying micro-stuttering for me. It improved the lag just a wee bit.

The game seems to run better after firmware 3.72 update though. The micro-stuttering is much less frequent and less severe now. I don't know if the problem depends on the player regions though. Will have to play a few more nights to confirm.

The death animation stutter is still there but it's not too important for me.

EDIT: Hardcore mode performs better because all the abilities are turned off.

Jstevenson mentioned in the comments on the Insomniac website that this beta was supposed to happen in APril/May and the bugs were supposed to be ironed out by launch. But the beta could not happen due to the PSN Hack and had to be rescheduled to almost next to launch.

People might just leave if the mP stays broken for a long time :( ! I know I am sticking, cos I really like the bite sized flavour of this MP, but the lag is really irritating. I just have to assume that someone must have melee-ed me or killed me, I don't really know what happened until after death.

But I find the simple gameplay very addictive and th e short matches mean I turn on the ps3 more, as I know I can take a quick break from work and return :) !

Yes, the short and intense shootout is fun. I agree a boatload of people are turned off by the lag. Sony and Insomniac should have delayed the launch if the PSN outage caused the delay.

I'm playing patch 1.03 (and 3.72 firmware) for the first time tonight. The game is actually more smooth compared to the beta now. Every little movement is captured like RFOM. It's just the occasional stuttering during death that annoys. I wonder what Patch 1.04 will patch.

*Assuming* the firmware affects the smoothness of R3, it may mean R3 is using a PSN server platform ? Hence, the need for Online Pass (I think Sony said all first parties will use Online Pass from now on).

EDIT: I'm on a high speed network though. So my experience may not be common. Is the game consistently smooth for you now ?

Back