[PS3] Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time

It's sad that the game isn't even in the top 40 of the uk charts anymore in just it's second week! In it's first week it only managed 16th place. I guess it's over and out for R&C.

I know. Especially with the massive promotional push for the game from Sony.

Oh, wait.....

Is it me or is the Ryno V a little weak. It just fills the screen up with bullets, and isn't very likely to hit anything at a distance. The Ryno IV felt more powerful IMO.

Is it me or is the Ryno V a little weak. It just fills the screen up with bullets, and isn't very likely to hit anything at a distance. The Ryno IV felt more powerful IMO.

It's devastating once leveld up, it does an unimaginable amount of damage. Use it on any of the bosses, at medium range it pretty much obliterates everything.

Was gonna hold off on this game as I have 2 other games I haven't even played yet (CoD MW2 and NGS2) and I'm still playing UC2, but Sonystyle Canada had a 25 off 50 coupon that wasn't supposed to work on PS products but worked on R&C ACiT so I went ahead and ordered it. $38 shipped. :smile:

The game was patched to 1.10. Does it address the "can't go to challenge after ending credit" bug ?

EDIT: :LOL: "If you intend to threaten me, I'm a level 60 mage with melee capability."

EDIT 2: Wonderful work ! Not done yet, but we stayed up to play the game. So far I think it's as sweet as I remembered it. It feels more meaty than ToD actually. Glad I waited for a good stretch of time to play the game.

The game was patched to 1.10. Does it address the "can't go to challenge after ending credit" bug ?

EDIT: :LOL: "If you intend to threaten me, I'm a level 60 mage with melee capability."

EDIT 2: Wonderful work ! Not done yet, but we stayed up to play the game. So far I think it's as sweet as I remembered it. It feels more meaty than ToD actually. Glad I waited for a good stretch of time to play the game.

I'll find out just as soon as I finish my GoW Platinum Trophy, lol.

EDIT: Actually, I think 1.10 was the intial patch. Is this your first time playing?

EDIT 2: Yea, patch 1.10 was the intial patch. New patch isn't up yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Completed the game last night (early morning).

R&C:ACiT is definitely one of my all-time favorite games. Well worth the wait. Laughed out loud in a few segments. My family loves to watch me play. We all dig the disco ball. Cheered my wife up even when she had a high fever. :)

I want to go complete the Vorselon challenges, Zoni hunting and Ryno V upgrade. I guess will have to wait for the patch ?

EDIT: Forgot to make one VERY important point. The more I played R&C, the more I missed RFOM. I think the weapon wheel is a great feature. It makes me feel unstoppable (until I ran out of ammo for all my favorite weapons :p).

Played the Ratchet demo today. Felt much better than TOD Gameplay wise ! How r the clank sections in the game? I used to find clank very boring in TOD and the first RnC on my PS 2.

Spaceship exploration is great, almost a full game. I wish they would bring back Big Clank, though.

I thought the time puzzles were going to be really annoying and slow down the game pace. But I actually really enjoyed them. And I wish there were more.

I think the space combat could have been better. But otherwise everything was very well done.

Played the Ratchet demo today. Felt much better than TOD Gameplay wise ! How r the clank sections in the game? I used to find clank very boring in TOD and the first RnC on my PS 2.

I agree with inefficient. The Clank sections are well tuned. I thought I'd hate the gameplay too (demand too much thinking, slow down pace), but ended up liking it. It amazed my son too. I wonder how much he understood the concept.

The puzzles are solvable by divide-n-conquer strategy. So you can essentially keep or experiment with your partial-solutions, make some tweaks and arrive at the final answer quickly. [size=-2]They must have spent a lot of time playtesting this part.[/size]

I thought the time puzzles were going to be really annoying and slow down the game pace. But I actually really enjoyed them. And I wish there were more.

I think the space combat could have been better. But otherwise everything was very well done.

I thought the space combat was ok, then I found out last night that the spaceship has its own weapon wheel. That made me happy ^_^

I'm still trying to collect all 40 Zonis to see how far I can customize Alphelion.

EDIT:
I am doing extensive space exploration now. :love: (Windwaker Ocean). They marked each planet to show whether I have completed them. However I can't seem to complete Bernilius Alpha. I died once but got the Zoni on the small planet. The game still marks it as "incomplete". Do I have to complete the planet without dying to get a hidden treasure ?

EDIT:
I am doing extensive space exploration now. :love: (Windwaker Ocean). They marked each planet to show whether I have completed them. However I can't seem to complete Bernilius Alpha. I died once but got the Zoni on the small planet. The game still marks it as "incomplete". Do I have to complete the planet without dying to get a hidden treasure ?

On some of the smaller planets you can collect both a Zoni and a gold bolt. If you've missed the gold bolt it'll still be marked as incomplete. Gold bolts on smaller planets are highlighted with a dot on the map.

On some of the smaller planets you can collect both a Zoni and a gold bolt. If you've missed the gold bolt it'll still be marked as incomplete. Gold bolts on smaller planets are highlighted with a dot on the map.

There are also weapon mods to collect.

Ok thanks. I'll check the small planet maps again. I didn't pay attention to them.

I have collected all 40 Zonis, and just won the Raritarium Championship. They gave me a treasure map. I supposed it'll help me locate the hidden collectibles.

I am more interested in the Ryno V holograms. Don't really care about the gold bolts. Also only have 1 weapon mod left.

EDIT: Done ! Missing about 7 Gold Bolts but what the heck...

Ok thanks. I'll check the small planet maps again. I didn't pay attention to them.

I have collected all 40 Zonis, and just won the Raritarium Championship. They gave me a treasure map. I supposed it'll help me locate the hidden collectibles.

I am more interested in the Ryno V holograms. Don't really care about the gold bolts. Also only have 1 weapon mod left.

EDIT: Done ! Missing about 7 Gold Bolts but what the heck...

They are probably in the Great Clock.

No, Gold Bolts only buy extra ratchet skins.

I have done everything apart from max out the weapons in Challenge mode and to be honest nothing makes a difference past I think 30 Zoni.

The Museum is boring and well worth missing.

Back