[PS3] Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time

After you beat the game your offered 2 choices. Go back before you beat the last boss, and have every level open to you, allowing you to collect everything you might have missed. Or start a new game in challenge mode, and unlock all the levels again as you play through the story, and you keep everything you had already collected.

Even if you choose to go back, you can still start challenge mode any time you want to.

Thats not what I meant if you are refering to me Cornsnake, I'm saying that it will send me back to the first clock level. Luckily it gives me about half a second to select start challenge mode now and I managed to do it.

First time I completed the game I took as long as I want to choose to go back, after that it was giving me no time at all.

Ah ok. Thanks for clearing that up. I'm getting close to beating it a second time now. So I'll be sure to create a third save in case I run into the same bug.

I have bought the game, but I am currently in discussion with myself, if I should save it for my holyday or play it now.
Can someone please give me a hint about their overall playtime?

I collected everything in my first play through and it took about 18 hours.

The story part is about 8-10 I would guesstimate.

Insomniac is preparing for an R&C patch now:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=18480789&postcount=2318

Three bugs we're fixing:

1. Valkyrie battle crash bug:

The problem seems to be that the player is getting shot and dying at the moment the boss is defeated, or while the Valkyrie ship is still blowing up. This is causing the freeze. Most people are able to replay the fight and get through this hang-up after a few tries, but if the player still can't pass it there is a patch coming soon that will fix the problem.

2. Challenge Mode save bug:

This bug occurs if the player backs out of the auto-save which appears when initiating Challenge Mode. It can happen one of two ways:

1) The player selects "Go back in time…" instead of "Enter Challenge Mode" after beating the game. If the player goes back in time, and then selects Challenge Mode from the pause menu, a Save game screen will pop up. If the player backs out of this screen by pressing the Circle Button before the save completes, the save file will be corrupted. The player will launch into Challenge Mode, but will find certain doors or paths won’t open, leaving them stuck.

2) The player selects “Enter Challenge Mode” after the credits and backs out of the auto-save by pressing the Circle Button before it completes.

We have a patch on the way that will prevent this from happening to future users. For folks that have already hit the bug, we’ll give instructions on how to restart your Challenge mode playthrough.

3. Good Samaritan Trophy bug:

If the player acquires the RYNO V from the Smuggler before finishing all of the Smuggler side-missions, the Smuggler will sometimes disappear, making it impossible to finish his quests. The patch will auto-complete any quests the player missed once you equip the RYNO V – unlocking the trophy.

*This is not to be confused with the Good Samaritan Skill Point which is unlocked by finishing all of the Space Quests in the Korthos sector.

We will give an update via our Twitter feed (twitter.com/insomniacgames) and on InsomniacGames.com as soon as the patch is available.

I think I'll start playing after the patch. :)

I'm caught in a really odd loop, I can't go to challenge after the end credits. Maybe I'll be able to do it through the menu, I'll have to see.

I'm caught in a really odd loop, I can't go to challenge after the end credits. Maybe I'll be able to do it through the menu, I'll have to see.

Same thing happened to me. I didn't know you could access it through the menus. I'll have to try that some time.

Damn I'm stuck! Anyone with some advice on how to beat the raritarium Tournament (difficulty: hard)?

I get stuck on the last event (the one with the 20 rounds) and keep running out of ammo for the powerful weapons to the end. I've tried using only my wrench until about round 7, but at some point, I have to start using them. Difficulty is on hard. I own all weapons so far, the best body armor I can currently get and have upgraded most of my weapons to at least level 3 (some at 5 and maxed out).

Always save your groovatrons until the last few rounds, 1 per round and wrench as many agorians as you can. Use your wrench and construto pistol, tesla coils, having the RYNO would make things WAY easier but not necessary. Agorians should be targetted first, especially the ones with shields, R2+square them and shotgun them in the face, should be 1 shot kill. Save the shotgun only for the agorians, spiral of death as well. The key is to take out the agorians, and thin the herd as much as you can, that should make things MUCH easier.

Thanks for the advice. I thought I was doing that by now - but if I do fight most of them with my wrench (R2 + Square), it's difficult to get through without taking any hits in damage since they close in on you really quick, so getting rid of them quick is just as important.

I've tried this - and only got to round 14. Also tried using my weapons to good effect and figure out how and when you get fresh ammo so that I could use that to my advantage - and got to round 17. Never quite got to the boss, which I think should be easy by the time I get there. How much health exp did you have when you tried this on hard? I've got 75 and I'm thinking it's not enough! (and I'm not exactly a R&C beginner either... :-/ )

Use the Ryno.

When I did it crates appeared quite regularly and if you only use the one gun you only get ammo for that (about 700 rounds per crate) so it was usually topped up

I tried that (sticking to two weapons), but the crates didn't come regularly enough to stick to those two weapons. I guess the Ryno would solve it, but I didn't get that one yet.

After having spoken to a few people regarding my problem, I think I may have jumped the gun a little, as it seems that this specific event is not required to progress in the story. For some reason, I was pretty sure the misson log told me specifically to visit the arena to get that tournament done, so I was under the impression that I had to do this to progress further. Now that I think about it, EXP at 75 health-points (it's my first playthrough) and not all the weapons yet would make it pretty much impossible to get through the 20 rounds...

After at about round 7, they start throwing bombs at you. Get hit by one and my health is reduced by about a quarter so I don't have much room for error... :D

It's sad that the game isn't even in the top 40 of the uk charts anymore in just it's second week! In it's first week it only managed 16th place. I guess it's over and out for R&C.

Back