PS3 or Xbox 360?

Ahahahha...

I came into this thread, thinking, "Oh no, not another one of these threads, and now on B3D."

And then I clicked on the link. LoL. That's just classic. :D

Regards,
SB

Sadly - I have to say - it seems microsoft is slowly, or not so slowly maybe, winning the console war. The PS3 continues to receive bad ports with blurry textures, lower framerates and missing special effects, and saleswise they still haven't caught up with the 360, let alone passed, despite having had the supposed advantage of the PS trademark, which marked them as the defacto console leader for a decade straight.

Not sure about Nintendo, they're not exactly struggling right now, but with smartphones chomping at the bit to eat their lunch on the mobile side, and an ever lower-priced 360 pushing from the other, there could come a point where the wii simply loses its appeal, being woefully underpowered and under-featured as it is.

Nintendo's crap resident OS (that actually isn't one, as it doesn't run while a game is running) doesn't allow for automatic software updates despite sometimes critical bugs in games, and those nutty friends codes that NOBODY likes and they keep holding on to (even with the new 3DS they're keeping the effing friends code system) doesn't make things easier either. Some day, Mario and Zelda may lose their luster, and then Nintendo's screwed. To this day I also don't understand why the wii can't play DVD movies. No argument I've heard to the favor of it NOT supporting it haven't made the slightest sense whatsoever. License fees would raise costs? O, really? A couple bucks, wow. :rolleyes: People have DVD players already? ALL of them, really? In their kids' room also, where the wii will be? I guess everyone who buys wiis must be really rich then, affording all these DVD players... :rolleyes:

So unless you want to play Angry Birds on your mobile for the rest of your life, then Microsoft will be the only real choice in the future. I'm sure Sony will continue to (increasingly) struggle throughout the upcoming generation also, but it seems pretty certain where the train is heading - and it's NOT towards Tokyo. Microsoft's strengths in software development, networking and so on, and infinitely deep coffers is simply going to crush the competition.

Yeah, clearly not having read the topic and just launching straight into Grall mode is what made that post so perfect.

Yeah, clearly not having read the topic and just launching straight into Grall mode is what made that post so perfect.
I did read, thank you verymuch. I see you're trying to belittle me, but sometimes such attempts backfire.

What's wrong with a good rant every now and then? What's wrong with any of what I said?

I did read, thank you verymuch. I see you're trying to belittle me, but sometimes such attempts backfire.

What's wrong with a good rant every now and then? What's wrong with any of what I said?

It'd be very appropriate if this topic was about console wars.

You are always so belligerent. I don't appreciate it, and I suspect many are with me.

You are always so belligerent. I don't appreciate it, and I suspect many are with me.

lol nice one.

It'd be very appropriate if this topic was about console wars.

Dude. You're just so... Swedish sometimes. ;)

Wow! Rolly eyes made it into the thread. :D

Regards,
SB

This thread just went to the next level. Lol!

I don't think he was trying to be funny.

Thanks Grall, that was hilarious.

You are legion. :cool:

This isn't really the thread nor forum to discuss the future of gaming or the consoles. It's a thread for sad, deluded fools to congregate and self-congratulate themselves over their tedious choices and lack of faith in one of the Three Great Gods of Gaming.

Now if you'll excuse me, my PS3's making funny noises so I'm going to make a sacrifice. Where can I find 3 vestal virgins and a volcano in Surrey..?

Maybe 4 gaming gods but the one that loves apples is new on the scene...

Back