[PS3] Killzone 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsu

Legend
Should probably start a new thread since KZ3 is officially announced in GamePro:
http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=27322649&page=0

Included in the article (while im reading)

- Will show the Helghast have humanity left in them.

- Will have the feeling that "of being in a place far away from home, outnumbered by people who want to kill you."

- Will be like Inglorious Basterds.

- All of the characters in the screenshots are flying in.. jetpacks?!

- Will include arctic levels.

- One mission in the game involves rescuing ISA Captain Narville.

- Game is playable in 3D!

- Have to wear 3D glasses, apparently the 3D effects are "crazy."

- Combat is "unchanged from predecessor."

- Or is it? Hand to hand combat involves you "Unloading a string of different (and often brutal) attacks on stunned enemies."

- The scale is supposed to be "bigger this time."

- The Jetpacks are "surprisingly lightweight and agile, Killzone 3's jetpack is easier to maneuver compared to the sluggish incarnations of the gadget found in other games."

- New weapon called the Wasp, basically shoots a "flurry of rockets" at an enemy.

- Will show off the Helgjast culture.

- There is actually a Helghast language, which will be explored in the game.

- Will have "diverse locales."

- Have to sit in the center of the 3D tv for the 3D effects to work.

- 3D in this game is called a "Game Changer."

- Going to have "Intense Action"

- Jetpacks double as a weapon, which basically means a machine gun mounted right on top of it.

- If you shoot Helghast with jetpacks, they'll "explode like roman candles"

- To control the jetpack, you "have to activate bursts of speed in midair, propelling yourself across further distances."

- The Jetpack resembles something you'd do in platformers such as Super Mario Bros. Or Uncharted

- In one mission, you have to use the jetpack by "launching yourself from glacier to glacier"

- You'll see "a lot of" snow levels.

- Everything is more spread out in this game.

- The game looks very complete.

- There is actually a Helghast language, which will be explored in the game.
Not sure how they will insert it into the storyline, Visari wanted the Helghans to stand apart from Humans so he introduced a language that was spoken like english but written different from english.
- Will be like Inglorious Basterds.
- Will include arctic levels.
- You'll see "a lot of" snow levels.
- Will have "diverse locales."
- Will show off the Helgjast culture.
- The scale is supposed to be "bigger this time."
Nice.
- Jetpacks double as a weapon, which basically means a machine gun mounted right on top of it.
This should be Kickass ! [pun intended :p]

Not sure how they will insert it into the storyline, Visari wanted the Helghans to stand apart from Humans so he introduced a language that was spoken like english but written different from english.

In KZ2, I thought they would make Scholar Visari into a handsome, charismatic man like Sean Connery. Not all enemies need to look bald and butt ugly.

Would love to dig deeper into the Helghan culture and language (puzzle solving ?)

:LOL: May be referring to the jet pack in LBP.
[size=-2]Uncharted: LBP edition.[/size]

I'd love to see some Helghast animals !
... and the return of the ISA mecha.

EDIT: Are you sure that's a screen shot ?

Need some MLAA love, would be an amazing addition !
EDIT: Are you sure that's a screen shot ?
It indeed looks to be a screenshot/promoshot, far too clean & sharp to be a scan.

And whether its from KZ3 or not, well....KZ2 certainly didn't had a level like that, and the attire worn by the helghast is the same I just saw in the scans.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would MLAA be worthwhile? Killzone 2 didn't really have a problem with aliasing.
Did had problem with blur though, lots of people didn't preferred the QAA blur.
I was fine though, actually thought it went well with the environment & feel.

Ooh awesome hope they revamp the multiplayer.
The multiplayer was kinda unbalanced in killzone 2.

Hell yeah for Hellghan one of the best designed enemies in a game in my opinion.

Saw the shoots,look less impressive then KZ2.Probably because of change of settings,now its day time so that awesome lightning cant make as big impact,then there is that 3D thing...

I bet it looks amazing in motion, but if the games supports 3D, shouldn't the visuals be downgraded?

Well, I think there's a lot of talk about some post-process not working or even being necessary in 3D, like depth of field. Maybe between engine improvements, and dropping some of the post process features, they can fit 3D in without having a big drop in image quality. Maybe 3D quality and 2D display quality will be different?

Doesn't it makes sense for any 3D related resolution decreases or missing effects to only happen when the 3D mode is turned on?. Isn't that what's happening with GT5 etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back