(PS3) High Resolution photos from GDC

ROG27 said:
:D I was wondering when those 3dmark demoes were actually going to represent something in real gameplay :D

I've seen people talk about this 3dmark demo. Where can I look at this demo? Can someone link me to it?

Thanks.

mckmas8808 said:
Is there any pics of these dragons on the internet that I can look at?

3D Mark 06, dunno if this is what is meant. Typically it takes a year or three for 3D Mark demos to be matched, and even then with much poorer IQ. At least IMO.

More Pictures! Yay

Microtransactions. Damn right I'll spend $2.50 a track if they are worth it.
http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/2544/12751motorstorm5rk.jpg

Hmmm... Viewing a bunch of pictures of something.
http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/2439/12751interface10kh.jpg

HDR lighting and first day buy ftw. (The Getaway)
http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/9585/12751thegetaway2on.jpg

Can't wait to see what this real game is.
http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/5379/12751vehicledemo7fq.jpg

Thoughts?

I know I am going to hate the idea of Microtransfucktions, $2.50 isn't exactly "micro" imo.
They should keep them below Dollar, or below Euro, then it wouldn't be such a treshold and make impulse purchases easier.
I just have this feeling the game I purchase from shop for $50 will be incomplete, and only when I spend another $10-$20 in it in form of these "Microtransactions" will I have the complete experience.
Especially I am going to hate it if they make items in (MMO)RPG's cost real money.
But that's the way it's going to be, and a sign of the times, and it's making my old gamers' heart sad :(

Nicked said:

3D Mark 06, dunno if this is what is meant. Typically it takes a year or three for 3D Mark demos to be matched, and even then with much poorer IQ. At least IMO.

forgot there was a dragon in 3dmark06,...that seems like a better comparison

nelg said:
Maybe I am cheap but $2.50 seem more macro than micro.
Oh yes. I'd consider "micro" a transaction in the pennies.

Who the hell decided to put red carpet on the street (The Getaway).

Pardon? Not sure about Toronto, but London doesn't have one kind of grey sad paving floor throughout the whole city. :D

Anyway, the dragon in 3DMark06 is very different and looks like it's using Subsurface Scattering... The Lair dragon seems to take another approach, with a lot more polygons and very nicely drawn textures. I'm not sure we can compare them as the 3DMark one is the only one in the scene, and Lair is supposed to have tens of dragons flying around the sky at the same time...
Personally i prefer the Lair one, it looks more solid. The 3DMark one looks like it's made of jelly.

gokickrocks said:
forgot there was a dragon in 3dmark06,...that seems like a better comparison

I would say the 05 dragon is a closer comparison. Both in terms of looks and performance on a G70.

DudeMiester said:
Oh my god! They don't look like graphics from a video game at all!
They look like paintings.

If the final game indeed will deliver visuals of that calibre, I'm very impressed!
It looks like I must revise my thoughts about "next gen" after seeing these.
I had already lowered my expectations quite a bit, but these restore my faith that these new machines will make my jaw drop after all!

Can't wait to fly and explore that futuristic city (I know few of those buildings will be enterable, and you'll possibly be limited as to where you can fly, if anywhere... but still. I loved R&C games this gen (not the last "arena" type game though) and I'm glad to see the franchise returning with PS3. )

rabidrabbit said:
It looks like I must revise my thoughts about "next gen" after seeing these. I had already lowered my expectations quite a bit, but these restore my faith that these new machines will make my jaw drop after all!
http://pix.nofrag.com/38/c2/d7b00b09ec7a4e3b3a7d887b6716.html

PS3 renders Coruscant in realtime! :p

It'll always be better to expect less and be pleasantly surprised when more is achieved, than expect more and be disappointed when it's not attained. I think the real take-home message is, once again, it's the quality of the devs more than anything that determines what the hardware produces, making powerful hardware look poor or outdated hardware look impressive.

rabidrabbit said:
I know I am going to hate the idea of Microtransfucktions, $2.50 isn't exactly "micro" imo.
They should keep them below Dollar, or below Euro, then it wouldn't be such a treshold and make impulse purchases easier.
I just have this feeling the game I purchase from shop for $50 will be incomplete, and only when I spend another $10-$20 in it in form of these "Microtransactions" will I have the complete experience.
Especially I am going to hate it if they make items in (MMO)RPG's cost real money.
But that's the way it's going to be, and a sign of the times, and it's making my old gamers' heart sad :(

Yeah you are right a track for$0.50-$0.99 would be a good deal. $2.50 is too much. I guess I was a little excited to see extra content.

Back