(PS3) High Resolution photos from GDC

Keep the discussion on topic, please

The topic is (PS3) High Resolution photos from GDC .

Let's not derail the discussion about unrelated and childish comments about the different factions forming the console war.

Now, and to explain the reputation system, once again.

If someone contributes with thoughful posts, written in a civil and non conforntational manner, no matter what his opinions are, he'll receive positive reputation from the moderation team and from the good posters.

If someone abuse the reputation system, by giving unwarranted bad reputation to someone just because he disagrees with what was said, just let us know. We do check from time to time the reputation levels, especially for the people with negative reputation, and do the necessary corrections when needed (Including warning people who do abuse the system).

But I repeat, if your posts are meaningful and if they contribute positively to the debate, read you express your opinions in a non agressive way, then there's no reason for people to disregard your posts as "noise" or as "not for this forum".
If one can post nothing but snide remarks about the consoles he did not swear an oath of allegiance to, while being completely uncapable to contribute to the, mainly technological, debates, in this case, one cannot be surprise when people do not give any favorable credits to his posting history.

Simple things to remember are to disregard snide remarks/flamebaits and to report them, to post your opinion without questionning other people motives or hidden agrendas and of course respect other people's point of view on a particular question.

nintenho said:
I meant that Ratchet & Clank was the game that impressed me.

Oh my freaking god I swear the first thing I thought about was Fifth Element. The second thing was Futurama. Did you like the way how the video has a great vertical and horizontal draw distance?

I never thought I would play a game where a "Fifth Element" type city would actually exist.

Vysez said:
The topic is (PS3) High Resolution photos from GDC .

Let's not derail the discussion about unrelated and childish comments about the different factions forming the console war.

Now, and to explain the reputation system, once again.

If someone contributes with thoughful posts, written in a civil and non conforntational manner, no matter what his opinions are, he'll receive positive reputation from the moderation team and from the good posters.

If someone abuse the reputation system, by giving unwarranted bad reputation to someone just because he disagrees with what was said, just let us know. We do check from time to time the reputation levels, especially for the people with negative reputation, and do the necessary corrections when needed (Including warning people who do abuse the system).

But I repeat, if your posts are meaningful and if they contribute positively to the debate, read you express your opinions in a non agressive way, then there's no reason for people to disregard your posts as "noise" or as "not for this forum".
If one can post nothing but snide remarks about the consoles he did not swear an oath of allegiance to, while being completely uncapable to contribute to the, mainly technological, debates, in this case, one cannot be surprise when people do not give any favorable credits to his posting history.

Simple things to remember are to disregard snide remarks/flamebaits and to report them, to post your opinion without questionning other people motives or hidden agrendas and of course respect other people's point of view on a particular question.

Well I've gone red and I suspect it is because I posted the opinion that Motorstorm does not look as good as RSC2, at least from the screenshot I was looking at.

mckmas8808 said:
Oh my freaking god I swear the first thing I thought about was Fifth Element. The second thing was Futurama. Did you like the way how the video has a great vertical and horizontal draw distance?

I never thought I would play a game where a "Fifth Element" type city would actually exist.
I know, I never felt a need to get a PS3 until I saw this game's screenshots. That video was too much goodness...

blakjedi said:
There wasnt enough in the R&C vid to be that excited about but it does hint toward high quality overall.

I'm just excited about the thought of flying around a city with so much NPC in flying cars activity, while at the sametime in a Fifth Element kinda world. I didn't see myself playing freely (hopefully) in a world like this.

elementdisc1_2.jpg

http://www.kinoweb.de/film97/FifthElement/pix/feld.jpg
http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/dvdcompare/5thelement/elementsuperbit4.jpg

This is R&C in a world like that. Amazing I tell you.

I watched that youtube video of R&C and it was a bit better quality than the previous one.
As well as amazing graphics, it sounds like the audio will be exceptional too, it sounded like a busy future city, not eerily silent like R&C games thus far (and pretty much every game with big cities for that matter). I hope the extra processing power and memory will be used for believable soundscapes as well as graphics.
I'm sure it'll be nice to fly around in that game with 5.1 surround sound!

rabidrabbit said:
As well as amazing graphics, it sounds like the audio will be exceptional too, it sounded like a busy future city, not eerily silent like R&C games thus far (and pretty much every game with big cities for that matter).

Agreed, this stuck out at me too.

trinibwoy said:
Hmmm, I have Burnout Revenge (not sure how much better it is than Burnout3) and Shadow of the Colussus and I don't see them in the same league at all. Colussus has some unique gameplay elements but graphically, it's a dog IMO.

By the way, the person who gave me negative rep for this post - you cannot negative rep somebody because they don't share your opinion of a game. This reputation thing is so worthless :rolleyes:

trinibwoy said:
By the way, the person who gave me negative rep for this post - you cannot negative rep somebody because they don't share your opinion of a game. This reputation thing is so worthless :rolleyes:

Since you're a Senior Member you should know who did it anyway...

rabidrabbit said:
I watched that youtube video of R&C and it was a bit better quality than the previous one.
As well as amazing graphics, it sounds like the audio will be exceptional too, it sounded like a busy future city, not eerily silent like R&C games thus far (and pretty much every game with big cities for that matter). I hope the extra processing power and memory will be used for believable soundscapes as well as graphics.
I'm sure it'll be nice to fly around in that game with 5.1 surround sound!

Just pray it wasnt the devkit itself that made this noise.
Id actually prefer background music to noise anyway.

Well, I'm pretty sure it wasn't the devkit making the noise, but a lot of the background noise in that video was rfrom the viewing crowd.
Still, the rest was from the demo, and to me it sounded much more interesting than just some background music.
There should still be background music in games too, but mixed with the environmental and other sound effects in the game, just like in the movies.

And Trinibwoy.... I think it was me who gave you negative rep for that post... sorry.
I was on a repping spree at that moment as I was on a mission to make the boards a better place by repping pretty much every post according to whether I agreed or disagreed, until I realised (and was corrected by the higher powers, thank you) that I was being possessed and that my crusade was a work of pure evil that was using me for it's own purposes.
I regret that now deeply, you can give me back some negative rep if you want.
If there were others I repped undeservedly (there must've been at least a couple), please forgive me and punish me accordingly.

But I still disagree with your post as much as I did then.

ok. back to topic before the mods intervene...

hupfinsgack said:
Since you're a Senior Member you should know who did it anyway...

Of course I knew who it was, but revealing that wasn't necessary.

rabidrabbit said:
And Trinibwoy.... I think it was me who gave you negative rep for that post... sorry.I was on a repping spree at that moment as I was on a mission to make the boards a better place by repping pretty much every post according to whether I agreed or disagreed.....but I still disagree with your post as much as I did then.

It's aight, :smile:

I remember being mightily impressed by R&C v1 on the PS2. Don't forget though that the GDC R&C PS3 vid is likely to be nothing more than their "vision". Fantastic artistic direction though (I'd expect nothing less from Insomniac).

Back